Blog #27

Guest cnc95fan

Guest cnc95fan

Hey all, wolf seems to have forgotten to write this, so I suppose I will have to >_>

Starting with LR01, who has finished his exams :) I hope he did well.

This is the Atriedes Sonic Tank.

WIP, of coruse.

Here is an update on the Mongoose, following constructive critisim on the previous design.

And the tleilaxu contaminator by wciow :D

tcon.jpg

Team notices:

Most of us have either begun or finished our exams.

Mine start on Wednesday :D

I have to format due to a virus..

FWWolf is M.I.A

Aydynbek has given us a day of confusion with his aparent leaving of the team, then canceling his decision? :S

--- --- --- ---

Bai.

I'd take a look at your mongoose model. The mesh looks deformed and the polygons could be used to make a nicer shape to the model.

Loving the Contaminator, that's awesome.

Guest wciow

The mongoose is looking alot better now :) but I think the sonic tank should have a round barrel instead of a square one. Hope to see those babies ready for skinning soon!

Guest -FW-Wolf

Hey all, wasn't allowed on my PC sorry.

Sonic tank is looking good.

Mongoose is getting there.

And that Contaminator... very nicely done!!

Good one guys!

Guest -SG-GummiBear
point of the mongoose, ever saw the original?

well you could at least round off the edges example, and if you have very few details to go after, then use your imagination a bit

and "Missing in action", lol I never would think of that

it is a standard, I think military, phrase

Guest r34ch

Ok, i cant find the thread on the mongoose, but seriously guys get your act together...

Firstly, there seems to be no development thread for those two models. What is happening there. Lack of communication?

As for the mongoose;

The legs are far too thin, especially the lower legs. It looks like they'll snap at any point and never keep balance. I have no idea what is going on with the top but if that was made flatter/not as detailed a texture would do that job better and more efficiently. The in-game model doesn't even have that

http://dune2k.com/View/Images/Duniverse/Ga...Caladan_Big.jpg

Look how the 'thighs' of the mongoose are the same thickness if not thicker than the 'lower legs' ingame. It also looks like the thighs of your model are clipping the main body. Is there an axis or something the thighs are attached too under the main body? Rather than them floating? The middle bit of the legs isn't as long as you can see in the pic, so make the lower legs longer. The feet bits will have to be increased in size also. The rest for the missile pod could be narrower but that's just being picky. Really though, the detail comes from the textures, the model should just be in proportion. Also i don't know if your adding the flag or not, but if you want to be accurate i would.

Overall though anything 'boxy' could be rounded off more. The missile pods could be circular rather than triangular but that would require input from the team, which can't happen in a blog...

And this isn't a rant at LR01, you can clearly see from the detailing on the top of the mongoose that he's damn good :) It's the fact that there is no thread to tell him how to make the model better (unless i've completely missed it) So either i need glasses or this place needs shaped up.

How do you expect to get this mod out if the communication has gone to hell, never mind a second mod....

Guest cnc95fan
Ok, i cant find the thread on the mongoose, but seriously guys get your act together...

Firstly, there seems to be no development thread for those two models. What is happening there. Lack of communication?

I meant to make a post on it, but I had to go for the day, so I quickly put them into the blog and posted it :)