Blog #123

Hello all, it's been awhile hasn't it? Instead of rambling about what we've been doing and so on.. How about I just show you!

[h]

House Atreides Remote & Timed Explosives

[/h]

We've been busy working finishing off the House Atreides weapons and the most recent two are the Remote and Timed explosives. These charges are only properly effective against building Main Frames.

The remote explosive works very straight forward, you throw it with left click and detonate it with the right click. The timed explosive is thrown with the left click and explodes after 30 seconds of being placed.

Model and texture by Venom775

Atr_C4.jpg~original

[h]

Carryall Demo

[/h]

triattack has been hard at work reworking our new Carryall & Harvester logic. Our old Harvester script was fairly clunky and didn't really work how we wanted it, so triattack has remade it to be more flexibly and more to how we need it.

Here's a video showing off how it basically works.

[h]

House Atreides Interiors

[/h]

We have also been busy with House Atreides building interiors. A nice set of basement tiles have been put together, courtesy of Venom775. He has been creating and keeping a very nice style for the Atreides, which is shown in the video below!

[h]

House Ordos Not Making the Cut!

[/h]

Now, some sad news. As you may guess from the above title, House Ordos are not making it into first release. Now this was seriously not an easy choice to make, seeing as it's one of the 3 major Houses in the game.

This decision was heavily based on the fact that they are the most under finished House, we have been working on this game for long enough without more setbacks and we've really like to give this House as much attention and care as we have given the other two.

This isn't to say they are cut completely. We are going to get them in the game via a patch or the 2nd main release, so DON'T PANIC! We just feel that we can still make a good first release with the force from the Atreides and Harkonnen fighting it out. Ordos will come in soon enough after, in the true glory they deserve.

Sorry for those House Ordos fans out there, but please keep the faith until their return!

[h]

Folding Space

[/h]

Well this is the end of this blog's journey. Be sure to keep following us here, on IndieDB, Facebook and Twitter!

Sexy interior damn, great job Venom.

Im starting to feel stupid for leaving the team lol.

In my opinion btw I think House Ordos shouldn't even be in the game, they are not cannonical to the Dune series and were pretty much just a made up spin off faction. Otherwise it would be better to just have them as Neutral faction.

FYI house Ordos has already made an appearance in "The Dune Encyclopedia" (from 1984). It just wasn't present in anything after/before that but the Westwood games, where it was a main faction.

I'm however not familiar enough to say whether or not it is some sort of spin-off faction in that book or really written out in detail. I only know some of the main lines of the story xD

I agree, the Ordos play a role inside most Dune Games, and Frank Herbert gave birth to them. But they do not play any role in the Dune novels, so every game can work just as fine without them. Great addon, though!

the spice must flow.

Guest WhiteHand

Nice update, nice carryall, nice interiors, and nice mini Heighliner.

Even though House Ordos itself is spin off, their smuggled Ixian and Tleilaxu technologies are not. It would be better if they appear in this game.