Explain your Nickname

Einstein

We all have unique nicknames and usually there's some sort of small story as to why we use it. Tell us why! Do it here!

I'll begin:

Growing up as a C&C kid, I always fancied Professor Einstein's role in the saga's story. Later, a classmate mockingly called me "Einstein" because I excelled in that particular class (can't remember what class). I thought it would make for a good name to be known by in the gaming world so i started using it and luckily, it hadn't been taken yet (although later it was and caused a bit of trouble for me, but that got worked out too).

I used to have so many nicknames that it gave me a vertigo :p

Seriously, this one stayed mainly because of derping a lot in Descent (the pilot's name was Vertigo 1) and later Freespace as well way back before I kinda replaced it with Renegade. I used to be involved in mods, mapping, etc.

My other most used nick is ivons - a merge of my real name and short of NetStorm, a game/community I was heavily involved as well (my first online community so to speak). My old vids kinda explain it.

monkeyX01 random picked, then ive started modding renegade years ago (8-9 years ago) and players knew my name was martin so then called me marty and then mad in short. after making unique serverside mods they kept saying mad you rock. after a while i thought about changing my name to a more unique one wich happend to be mad-rockz or madrockz. later ive seen similar names so i thought about making madrockz more unique by changing "o" to "a". now i was madrackz and peoples started calling me mad -or rackz in short so i picked rackz as new unique username :D

when playing these days with my friend we call us StayHigh and GetHigh (depends on who plays on laptop)

Edited by rackz

I've had quite a few nick names really. I started with Arbiter because my favorite StarCraft Unit was the Arbiter. Then when Halo 2 kicked off I actually enjoyed his story and used his symbol instead. The name never really got anywhere and didn't quite stick. So then I went through for a while and ended up in a Halo 3 match where a friend of mine commented on how my accuracy with rifles.. more so my kill stealing with the sniper rifle was similar to Garrus from Mass Effect. I ended up playing Mass Effect because of it and played it roughly 9 times through. Then my real life friends started to actually refer me as Garrus. So I started to use that as my username and it stuck. I still go by Garrus very strongly and I like it. Although I am starting to use the name Star Night now. It's just something I came up with on my own since back when I was apart of the clan called SF sometimes people called me Star Biter instead of SFarbiter. Then I figured Night was a good replacement for biter. You can call me Garrus though since it is the name that has stuck firmly.

I have had so many nicknames since I started playing online games I can't even remember them tbh.

The only nicknames that I have used for a long time was the one I had back when APB was still a thing, from June '08 up until April '11, when I was know as [Romania]Adryan.

This nickname that I have now is actually my real life name, modified slightly with numbers that correspond to their certain letter of the alphabet. The reasoning behind this was that, back in 2011 I was working on a texture pack for APB's vehicles and I really wanted to write my name on one of them, namely the light tank. So I came up with A4R91N in one late night in may, and I have been using that name for everything ever since.

I have many names as well. DarkStarFlyer66, SilentHunt, DSF66, EvilChaosKnight, Slayer (3edgy5me I know xD) and probably some more which I can't even remember by this point.

But this one being my main? It was first created back in the old times of 56k internet, offline gaming and school derping. Basically the inspiration for it was taken from Heroes of Might and Magic 4 where Chaos was my favorite town and magic type. That got me the first part of the nickname. The "knight" one is related to my favorite classes in all dem RPGs and that weird habbit of trying to make things right in games like Fallout 2.

EvilChaosKnight variation originates from the fact that since DotA2 was released "Chaos_Knight" suddenly became widely mainstream and any attempts to register with it like anywhere failed miserably since "name already taken". In my frustration of searching for workarounds for the issue without losing at least some originality as well as hate certain sites have for the underscores, EvilChaosKnight was created.

Heh mine is pretty embarrassing actually. Back in the 56k days I thought id try playing ra2 online, id never played games online before and It asked me for a nickname. While I was typing in "Ben777" or something there was an advert for Metz Schnapps (some alcoholic drink) on tv and being the coolest 12 year old in the world, I thought "Schnapps" sounded cool. I had to make it unique, so it became "Shnappz".

I used to use "nomaner" since high school when I first started to play multiplayer. The name was (in my mind) meant "leaves no man alive." Years later I finally spelled it backwards and this was the result.

Renamon.full.1595179.jpg

When I finally got internet on my computer the first MMO I played was Shin Megami Tensei Imagine. I eventually got a nekomata to fight along side me. Then while playing I made up the name "Neko Soldier."

Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nekomata_by_Johnnybad

And Taokaka is my favorite character in Blazblue, so that's why I use her as my forum pic.

Edited by neko soldier

My real name is Walt so many friends called me Wally or WallyBoy growing up. When I got to high school I was nicked named Hollywood one day, due to some funny acting I did for a school commercial project and trying out as an extra on the show Dawson's Creek (which I didn't get) that was filmed one town over from mine. Somehow the two merged and I was then known as Wallywood for my last three years of high school and through out collage.

I've been through a few nicknames before I settled on this one. I started off on Westwood online as Leechimon, "Leech" being my surname and the "mon" part coming from a Hereford colloquialism for friend. A lot of people confused it with Digimon though. I was then Vanguard for a while, named after the Vanguard V-Twin engine that my dad wanted for a go-kart. Vanguard evolved into VanguardValentine, the "Valentine" bit referencing Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII. Then around 2006 I decided that it was time to get a permanent nickname. Sephiroth was my favourite character from Final Fantasy VII and One Winged Angel was the title of his theme tune, so I went with it. I also have an alternate nickname which is Ultimako; a fusion of Ultima (ultimate magic from the FF series) and mako (The energy that the Shinra reactors feed off of in FF7).

Nowadays people call me OWA (pronounced oh-wah) or just simply Ben or BenBen.

Voe Deo, race of agressive black men in the Ekumena universe by Ursula K. LeGuin. They were conquerors who enslaved whites. Stuck with it for many years since, as i think it fits my style. No joke.

...until APB, where the game did not support multi-word nicknames, automatically cancelling it to Voe. It stuck, as it's concrete, short, easy to pronounce (unless you're Alp) and memorize.

Voekov is an entirely arbitrary creation when I joined =NX=, since i figured =NX=Voe looks retarded. Needed to elongate the name, and here it goes. Voekov seems pretty relevant given Volkov (also it's a common russian surname :v).

I used to use my full real life name on-line, never been too worried about having bad shit put out about me (at least not because of things I post on Renegade Forums). But now I use Jerad2142 as its my in game name.

Jerad is my first name, and 2142 is my favorite video game.

When I created this username, I was rather nostalgic for a neighbourhood I'd used to live in. I like wolves as well (highly contributed by my surname), so I blended the two. Last year, I moved back to the 'hood and I've been considering a change for obvious reasons, but I keep saying to myself "to hell with it, people already know me by this anyway".

Ho boy... This is going to be a bit of a tale... Gather 'round kids, Uncle Scorch has a story for you.

Back in 2007 when I was tuned back into the C&C world (And finally got home internet), Renegade was my game of choice fro online play. Back then I went by the name 'havoc_73' due to my random play-style then stuck for a spell after I realized my semi-affinity for vehicular combat. The screen-name changed to 'havocEMD' when I joined a small clan on CnCSeries.com called 'Elite of Mass Destruction' led up by Gibo06 and stu08. When we reformatted and got our own forums, I changed my name to 'ScorchEMD' for reasons I don't recall. Joined up in APB around that time in late 2007/early 2008 trying to hunt up one of our guys that went AWOL. GankyFeet was his name I think... Anyway, our leader disappeared along with our webmaster and sadly, our clan soon died out shortly thereafter and we went our separate ways. Afterwards, changed my name to 'Scorch97' with the numbers holding no real significance or importance. After wandering in APB for a year or so, I joined up with Superior Firepower (-SF-) and the name changed again to '-SF-Scorch' until I left in early 2011. Came back in 2012 and donned the name Scorch97 once again and it's stuck since.

The name comes from a character from the 2005 LucasArts game Star Wars: Republic Commando named officially RC-1262 or 'Scorch' as a nickname. Simply took it up cause he was my favorite character in that game. The numbers still hold no real significance though. :v:

• 5 months later...
I have permission from Einstein to revive this thread.

I wish you'd tell us all about it! (because i don't get it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one) We actually have a thread for that here: Explain your nickname

I give you permission to necro it :D Maybe then some of the new users will see it as well.

I declare this thread revived.raise_thread.jpg

So anyways I made this username for here and I used it for almost everything since then.

It is a pun off of my real name Isaac S. Maddox (I am not telling you my middle name) and my usual play style (which is act crazy ,don't judge it works quite well sometimes).

• 5 weeks later...

Bashar is a name I keep reverting to whenever I can, it's a rank among the Imperial Sardaukar in the Dune universe. Sardaukar are the most feared fighting force in the universe, and how the Emperor maintains his power. Bashars are pretty high up in the ranks :)

On steam I'm Wizard Cat, mainly because of this video:

There's nothing more scary than Wizard Cat.

Edited by Bashar

My name was actually a randomly generated one back when I played Everquest. (Haven't played it in almost a decade.) When I finally wanted to see how other people played YR online, I used that name and added 14 as that's how old I was at the time. I'm 26 now, so do the math since I made my first debut into C&C online.

I was reading some stuff online a while back about Jason Bourne and how in the books he went by the codename "Delta" while working for Treadstone. So few years back when I started playing APB again, I used "delta" as my name...though I think my use of "delta" feels considerably less sinister assassin-y than Bourne's :D

• 4 weeks later...

My story is kind of weird. Around the time I first got into online gaming I was in highschool and had a math teacher I really liked called Mr. Vanostrand. Anyway, I was signing up with WOL to play Renegade and needed a nickname.... first thing that popped into my head was my math teachers name and since my imagination was poor at the time I decided to call myself Vanstrand. This evolved into Nozstrand (No idea why), which later turned into Nozzy because it was easier to type. The nick stuck and has stayed with me for the majority of my life. That is how a Nozzy is born, thanks random Algebra teacher I won't ever see again.

Edited by Nozzy

it's a secret and if I told you Cthulhu would Omnomnom your sooouuuullll!

I decided back in ye day to make an evil scientist team for Worms Forts under Siege and to use my name (as well as my friends names) for the worms...

However 'Dave' really doesn't have an evil genius/villain ring to it so i spiced it up by adding 'Devious' to the front hence DeviousDave

And I'm too lazy to come up with something else (at least I put in more effort than one of my friends whose online name is literally his surname with a bunch'o numbers at the end)

0c9454f4-284d-4ce2-b951-ca632c64e286-102

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

I've been using chaos1212 since I was like 11 or 12. I then later stylized it as ChAoS. Basically I liked Sonic the Hedgehog on geneses so I took it from that. One kid at school started calling caseychaos when he found out my handle, at the time I didn't like it but now I don't care so I use that as well occasionally.

I've thought about changing it to something more original over the years but I'm not very good at coming up with anything else.