Blog 23- Content Overload

Those texutres on the Titans... wow... just wow... i would actually pay for Aircraftkiller to tutor me on texturing!!!

Looking really cool, can't wait to see all this implemented.

Also Viceroids!!! That is awesome...

Wow, all that sounds like fun. I'm so looking forward to this update. :)

Talking about Visceroids: Will they act more like in Renegade or more like in Tiberian Sun? And is a new model planned for it or will you use the Renegade-model for now?

We plan on making new models for Visceroid, but we may use the Renegade one as a place holder. As for the way it acts, we hope to have it randomly spawn when a unit dies in Tiberium and it will act as a hostal AI to both teams. Also since there are no Tiberium based weapons, it will only probably happen if someone does die in a Tiberium Field.

Also since there are no Tiberium based weapons, it will only probably happen if someone does die in a Tiberium Field.

Would coordinated mass free infantry suicides in tiberium fields right beside enemy bases end up as a profitble strategy then?

Loving the loads of new content. Great work everyone!

Nice blog! I can't wait for the new stuff to be integrated.

I really don't like the idea of a new unit, but everything else is awesome.

Which new unit are you referring to? The Enforcer?

Also, I still say JMG_Security_Camera_Behavior would work better for your light tower than an animation and a turret script.

Does it lock on targets when spotted one? If so then it should work.

Locks on and follows the target yes, it even has an option to play a sound while locked on as well as send a custom message when a unit has been spotted (its basically a remake of RMV_Camera_Behavior with more settings).

Also, I still say JMG_Security_Camera_Behavior would work better for your light tower than an animation and a turret script.

Does it lock on targets when spotted one? If so then it should work.

Locks on and follows the target yes, it even has an option to play a sound while locked on as well as send a custom message when a unit has been spotted (its basically a remake of RMV_Camera_Behavior with more settings).

Then I am all for that then :D

Any particular reason why you do not like the new unit?

Because Nod wouldn't have more anti-vehicle infantry than GDI if the game didn't include so many obscure units from TS.

Rather than add a new unit that is completely out of place (being from an entirely different game in the franchise), you could remove some of the units from the Nod roster and make both sides equal in terms of anti-vehicle infantry.

Because Nod wouldn't have more anti-vehicle infantry than GDI if the game didn't include so many obscure units from TS.

Rather than add a new unit that is completely out of place (being from an entirely different game in the franchise), you could remove some of the units from the Nod roster and make both sides equal in terms of anti-vehicle infantry.

Since this is more based around Firestorm (before and after) I feel the new unit it quite fitting. We tried for over a year to get the Disk Thrower to be GDI's early game anti-vehicle infantry but it didn't work. If we start removing infantry the gameplay will most likely get watered down due to how each infantry is designed and being redesigned to have their each unique intended roles.

Since this is more based around Firestorm (before and after) I feel the new unit it quite fitting. We tried for over a year to get the Disk Thrower to be GDI's early game anti-vehicle infantry but it didn't work. If we start removing infantry the gameplay will most likely get watered down due to how each infantry is designed and being redesigned to have their each unique intended roles.

I don't know that it would be watered down, but I'm not really sure what roles each unit is being assigned. For now, I still think that it might be better to remove units rather than add them.

Removing units would add to the.. "War Factory died I guess this match is over guys.." Which Reborn surprisingly doesn't have at this moment. Reborn can lose a structure and the fighting still be intense all the way to the end. The problem is GDI doesn't have a ranged answer to armor with their infantry.

I don't know that it would be watered down, but I'm not really sure what roles each unit is being assigned. For now, I still think that it might be better to remove units rather than add them.

Garrus said it best...losing a WF would be pretty much a kill whore fest. Try hitting a Buggy or a Bike with a disk, its not an easy task. You have to plan for all types of situations in this style of gameplay. I hope for your own games sake you have thought this out as well.

Garrus said it best...losing a War Factory would be pretty much a kill whore fest. Try hitting a Buggy or a Bike with a disk, its not an easy task. You have to plan for all types of situations in this style of gameplay. I hope for your own games sake you have thought this out as well.

Well in the case of my game both teams have the Rocket Soldier, so anti-vehicle infantry is taken care of.

I can see where you're coming from, but couldn't you just increase the speed of the disk? It's not like any of the infantry have a tracking projectile, so it's obvious that speed is a key factor in being able to hit a moving target.

Edited by Bfranx

Well in the case of my game both teams have the Rocket Soldier, so anti-vehicle infantry is taken care of.

I can see where you're coming from, but couldn't you just increase the speed of the disk? It's not like any of the infantry have a tracking projectile, so it's obvious that speed is a key factor in being able to hit a moving target.

So can you still buy Rocket Soldiers when the BAR/HON is destroyed? With your roster, the answer to that question could be a problem by itself.

If I remember correctly...you have 7 Nod guys

Flamer- Anti inf.

Chem.Sprayer- Anti inf.

Tech- Non combat

Engie- Non combat

Commndo- Anti inf.

Mini gunner- Anti inf. (default)

Rocket Soldier.- Anti veh.

Two spray and prays (that they don't get ran over) Two Non combat units, four Anti. inf, one anti. Veh

6 GDI Guys

Grenadier- Anti inf..

Tech- Non combat

Engie- Non combat

Commndo- Anti inf.

Mini gunner- Anti inf. (default)

Rocket Soldier.- Anti. veh.

Again, Two spray and prays units, Two Non combat units, three Anti. inf, one anti. Veh

Not to be rude but...your running some big risk here.

Mirrored teams- Fans like both teams to feel different and sides to feel unique

Boredom- See above

BAR/HON Becoming not important at all - Rocket Soldiers are the only real anti veh. if they stay after the BAR/HON is lost then whats the point of defending it.

BAR/HON Becoming too important - And if they don't stay after the building is taken down then the kill whoring will began with no real way to defend.

No room to expand- What if you wanted to add building related tech? With only 6/7 guys that doesn't leave much room to expand.

Balance- With no mid range units, the ability to counter units becomes very slim. What good are flamers and Chem. Sprayers if you can't get close enough to use them?

We at TSR believe in healthy balance between Low,Mid, and High range units. Where each unit has a unique feel and purpose on the battlefield, and where we can expand past the RTS game that we are based off without becoming unrealistic to TS/FS universe.

Sorry to get so off subject.

Right now GDI relies heavily on vehicles, most of the battles are won by vehicles. From infantry stand point GDI really lacks a good anti armor unit except Stalker ofc. Disk throwers never really worked against armor even in the RTS, they were mere grenadier units and used most in first campaign missions. I think they should, along with rocket soldiers considered to be low tier armor fighters and still available when Bar/HoN dies. While RS is still doing better job apparently fighting vehicles, then again disks are now better against infantry since the RS nerf.

So what options do we have to boost the GDI's lack for armor fighters? Either we remove the Nod Confessor and nerf the Cyborg's cannon so both sides will have to rely on low tier armor fighters, or simply introduce new unit. I think the later is better as the first option is a step back and doesn't add anything better to the game.