Apocalypse Rising Overdue Update!

This is awesome guys!! The mirage & stealth tanks look fantastic..

I personally like the idea of smaller updates... definitely a better way to engage the community.

When may we see a beta release? :D

What about A Path Beyond? Would you guys be willing to share the dog animations with them so that they can get in the Soviet attack dog at some point? Maybe ask Chronojam to do the Ice Bucket challenge or something in exchange? Or how 'bout get someone from APB staff to do a humiliation stunt like the ones performed on the show "Kenny vs. Spenny", then give BHP the animations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QEfVAZRVNY

After the person does this on your guy's bidding, then the dog animations may be shared with them! Fair, no?

wat

Awesome.

Yah the attack dog is interesting... how to implement it, hmm.

Weapon:

- weapon kinda like TSR's chameleon spy's knife, which is I think the only melee weapon I've ever seen in Renegade. Too bad it lacks a third person anim.

- With scripts 5.0, is it possible to get the dog to actually "lunge"?

Unit implementation:

- AI controlled base guard unit? A few of them Patrolling around and thru your base, they respawn after some time if killed. Definitely useful for both teams, but more so for Soviets (against allied spies). With scripts 5.0, can some kind of game logic be made, then applied to the dog unit itself, or the dog's weapon, or the dog's AI behavior, to allow the unit to detect spies?

- Purchasable AI units that follows your character and attacks incoming enemy infantry? Can it come with you inside the vehicle you enter? Or just follow the vehicle you enter?

- Player controlled = lol. As the dog, (I figure) you can't use tanks.

- Terminal purchase, like robot tank, so you control dog and when it dies, you are still standing at terminal. Buy another one!

- Strap bombs to the dog. Suicide, doggy style.

- Give the Dog model a dog body armor set, like the ones used in real life and shit. Makes the unit seem more able to resist damage, rather than "WTF its a DOG, why isn't it dead already? All my shots hit it!"

- Bark. Seriously, have it bark when there are enemies, or spies spotted, somehow. When the dog unit engages a target, have it bark like a bossy muther fucking boss!

It will probably be some sort of lunge animation tied to an attack, similar to what we're planning for the Terror Drone, but for an infantry.

I'd personally like to look into having dogs purchase-able and playable but then also AI purchase-able as an extra layer of base defence. AI dogs can't be passengers because the AI isn't that good. They could follow the player around though So maybe we could have dogs as an add-on that follow you around and kill any infantry nearby!

Dogs can't drive, but they run really fast!

Crazy Ivan could strap bombs to dogs if he wanted to!

Body armour is something that we could definitely look into and explore a bit.

Ahh yes. Now, with the gates finally opened, the attack dolphin and giant squid could be made possible!

What about A Path Beyond? Would you guys be willing to share the dog animations with them so that they can get in the Soviet attack dog at some point? Maybe ask Chronojam to do the Ice Bucket challenge or something in exchange? Or how 'bout get someone from APB staff to do a humiliation stunt like the ones performed on the show "Kenny vs. Spenny", then give BHP the animations?

After the person does this on your guy's bidding, then the dog animations may be shared with them! Fair, no?

I haven nothing against sharing, but with this kind of continuing attitude towards us (although sort of understandable) I don't see it happening anytime soon.

<22:53:06> "moonsense715": AR blog is out :)
<22:53:17> "Catalyst": AR is boycotted here.
<22:53:52> "KingKickAss" disconnected (The King lives on)
<22:54:08> "[SSG]-ChronOS": unless the game is out it still doesn't exist :p

It is truly up to Jerad though, since he is the author of this new rig and animation set. All W3D Hub projects will be able to use this rig regardless, which means Tiberium Fiends for TSR! It would be awesome to work again with APB in the future to maybe help them fix up their Giant Ants though!

Oh, and as for mind control, anything on that front?

You guys aren't implementing Yuri's Army as a 3rd faction anytime soon, amirite? But the Psi-Corps soldier for Soviets - with scripts 5.0, is it possible for some kind of mind control weapon in Renegade?

No Yuri as a third faction, but we'll be looking into Mind Control logic for the future!

It will probably be some sort of lunge animation tied to an attack, similar to what we're planning for the Terror Drone, but for an infantry.

I'd personally like to look into having dogs purchase-able and playable but then also AI purchase-able as an extra layer of base defence. AI dogs can't be passengers because the AI isn't that good. They could follow the player around though So maybe we could have dogs as an add-on that follow you around and kill any infantry nearby!

Body armour is something that we could definitely look into and explore a bit.

Actually just yesterday I fixed the bug that caused AI entering vehicles to crash the game, you can now safely transition AI into vehicles and out of (like you could in 3.4.4).

They also have proper damage zones (head does more damage and all that good stuff).

Actually just yesterday I fixed the bug that caused AI entering vehicles to crash the game, you can now safely transition AI into vehicles and out of (like you could in 3.4.4).

They also have proper damage zones (head does more damage and all that good stuff).

That's brilliant! Nice job Jerad! :D

- Player controlled = lol. As the dog, (I figure) you can't use tanks.

Dogs can't drive, but they run really fast!

Not drive but travel. Ohhh I can assure you they will be common passengers in transport units so they can tear infantry to shreds during an interior attack!

I want to encourage players to do this if it's not too unbalanced.

• 1 month later...