Ion storm- are now off

Engineers have Hackcases now

Engineers can only hack at MCTs

MRV has a secondary that damages enemy Vehicles

Buff for health armor for Ocra Trans,Devils Tongue,Stealth Tanks

DT's flames do more damage to buildings

Random Unit sounds added for all inf. for Purchased, hurt, death

Added Juggernaut

Spy gets new Pistol, Speed increase, and can steal freshly made units from GDI but now cost 500

Toxin trooper got his toxin nade model

New Ranking Icons

New falling aircraft animation

Hero units can now refill again

Cyborg Reaper- fires one web instead of two before reload

Hero units slightly nerfed

Ghoststalker (Damage: 170/60->150/40, Velocity: 350->399, Proj.Extent: 0.180^3->0.150^3)

CyCom (Damage: 110/60->100/50, Velocity: 120->180, Proj.Extent: 0.200^3

>0.180^3, TurnRate: 200->225, SplashRadius: 4->3, ReloadTime: 1.7->1.40)

Mutant Hijacker - Speed increase from 7.5 ->-> 8.5

C.Spy - Speed increase from 6.5 ->-> 7.5

Added Spy Pistol-Damage 8.5 (Reg.Pistol 4.5)

ROF - from 6->->3

Can steal vehicles fresh out of GDI WF

Now cost 500

Rename spy pistol from .pist to spis

Riot Trooper- add slug alt. fire

Standard 110 2 per 1 shot

Promoted 140 1 per 1 shot

Cyborg Speed increase from 5.5 ->-> 6.5

Added Devils Tongue Warhead Set twice as effective as old flamethrower against buildings

Change silos into Simple objects rather than Vehicles

Increased drop speed for Orca Bomber bombs (Gravity: 1.750->3.0)

Increased durability of Orca Transport (health: 150/150->300/300)

Orca Transport now has a horn

GDI Base Defenses health reduced (750->500)

Nod Base Defenses (except obelisk) health reduced (500->400)

Tweaked GDI mammoth suspension spring strength

Increase Nod SAPC speed (Engine Torque: 28000->->35000)

Techie and Engineers no longer heal Vehicles on default

Confessor is back

New MSA, MSG, Tick tank arty deploy sounds

Cycle physics changes (harder to spin out, but will still spin out if you turn while hitting bumps)

Elite changes

GDI

Techie Repair gun for Vehicles

Engineers Beam upgrade that repairs both Vehicles and buildings

Standard Ion tipped ammo

Disk thrower Ion tipped ammo

officer Ion tipped ammo

JJ Ion tipped ammo

Riot Ion tipped ammo

Nod

Techie Repair gun for Vehicles

Engineers Beam upgrade that repairs both Vehicles and buildings

Standard Toxin tipped ammo

Rocket Sol. Toxin tipped ammo

Hijacker Toxin tipped ammo

Elite Carde Toxin tipped ammo

Confessor Beam Plasma ammo

****We have run into some major issues with scripts, we are going to be running inf. only maps until we fix these issues****

A silence descended upon the world for a time no one could speak as we looked upon the post with awe.

Finally one quiet voice from within the crowd spoke with trepidation

"It's... the update"

Sunbeams descended from the heavens as Angels danced singing "HALLELUJA! HALLELUJA!"

And thus world peace was achieved, everyone was happy (and NOD got pounded flat by Juggernauts)

Nice finally the juggernaut and I like most of the changes. Besides:

Spy gets new Pistol, Speed increase, and can steal freshly made units from GDI but now cost 500

I would change it, that the spy can get into the vehicle 5 seconds before the owner can get into it. Otherwise this is way too op. Spys will hide behind the corners just waiting for the best vehicle to hijack. Especially these two pillars on the left of the GDI War Factory entrance are good hiding spots. I dont want a race with an unit with 7.5 speed parameter as GDI, after buying a vehicle.

Edited by Timeaua

(drops to knees arms raised skyward)

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We... we were so close to Juggernaut mayhem (sobs)

Oh I have great news!

Turns out something REALLY bad happened. We are forced to "update" to the previous version! Everything you see in this update is now gone because of something we have no idea how to fix. We are working to try and get them back as soon as possible of course, but I still feel really bad for everyone expecting all of this stuff.

Alright, we've figured out what is wrong.

A scripts build that was released (we aren't sure which, and at this point, I don't care) set all the vehicles to type "turret". What this does is tell the netcode to treat them like turrets, which usually do not move, so vehicles when they moved became desynced as the netcode is not designed to handle moving turrets. This was an easy fix however, and all vehicles are once again set to their respective (correct!) types.

It's going to take a bit to release a new version however, so I've gone ahead and added a few bonus things. Ion Storms will come back, using brand new scripts that make them easy to place in maps, so for example Timeaua's maps could implement them when the patch is ready and it would take him about 2 seconds to implement, compared to previously where a lot of hacky stuff had to be done. They will only affect Radar for now however pending a lengthy discussion on how they fit into the game. So basically they are purely cosmetic until that time.

A scripts build that was released (we aren't sure which, and at this point, I don't care) set all the vehicles to type "turret". What this does is tell the netcode to treat them like turrets, which usually do not move, so vehicles when they moved became desynced as the netcode is not designed to handle moving turrets. This was an easy fix however, and all vehicles are once again set to their respective (correct!) types.

Actually that's caused by the 4.2 level editor and not scripts builds, had that happen to bear island a while back, it also makes the map incompatible with any 4.1 clients and below, so I quit using the 4.2 LE.

It's all taken care of now though. Really sorry about the mess. Hope the implemented ion storms are enough to ask for forgiveness.

Tis all good, you managed to find, diagnose, correct and re-patch the issue in a matter of hours as well as hand over extra content...

Took GearBox 3 months to fix bugs in Aliens Colonial Marines and they still haven't fixed the Dust in Borderlands 2.

So yeah, a mod team out does a AAA dev in customer service (I'd take my hat off but it appears I took it off a few posts ago and now can't seem to recall where I put it down)

Im really glad, that missiles (from stanks, reapers bikes and so on) track the component tower turret instead of the chasis. After playing a bit around I have to come to the conclusion, that bikes deal too much damage to component towers.

The reason for this is while some hits deal a proper damage like 10%, by hitting the outer hull of the turret, most missiles hit the center of the turrets hitbox, dealing like 30% damage. The component tower is destroyed within 10 seconds, by one bike. You can increase your chances of getting a 30% damage hit by aiming at the bottom of the turretmodel.

Its much more difficult to reproduce this with stanks and I couldnt manage to get a 30% damage hit with rocket soldiers and reapers. So I guess that the bikes projectile extend is the problem here.

Edited by Timeaua

Glad to see that everything got sorted out in the matter of a day.

Like Timeaua said, the component base seems to take a lot of damage from missiles. Is that intended? It seems way too much.

I'm also a bit worried about the Cyborg's speed buff. They're powerful enough as-is, a speed buff will make them even more fearsome with how they are now.

EDIT: Yep, borgs are op. pls nerf.

Cyborgs were op for a while, but it's the fault of its armor settings. I think if you changed it to regular infantry, they would still remain strong with their superb weapons, 300hp and healing in tiberium.

Cyborgs were op for a while, but it's the fault of its armor settings. I think if you changed it to regular infantry, they would still remain strong with their superb weapons, 300hp and healing in tiberium.

I like the current strong armor type. But I would decrease healthpoints to 200 or 230 because of this speed buff.

And the juggernaut really needs a speed increase. Its even moonwalking due to its slow moving in combination with the walking animation. And the unit is not that powerful (not like the mk2) to justify this slow movement. The huge explosions from the shells arent on par with its non existent splash damage. Why dont give a salve (3 shots) of this unit a bit higher damage values than the arty? The splash damage should be a bit lower than the arty. But the spread of the shells should be high (just like in tiberian sun).

Edited by Timeaua

I like the current strong armor type. But I would decrease healthpoints to 200 or 230 because of this speed buff.

And the juggernaut really needs a speed increase. Its even moonwalking due to its slow moving in combination with the walking animation. And the unit is not that powerful (not like the mk2) to justify this slow movement. The huge explosions from the shells arent on par with its non existent splash damage. Why dont give a salve (3 shots) of this unit a bit higher damage values than the arty? The splash damage should be a bit lower than the arty. But the spread of the shells should be high (just like in tiberian sun).

and reduce the rate of fire and reload speed too, the things like a darn machine gun if you hold left mouse button down.

The huge amount of these nuke-like explosions of the juggernaut cause fps drops. I would replace them with the old arty explosion sprites. Maybe when the vehicle veterancy is implemented it could be used for elite juggernauts.

But I wouldnt change this explosions for nods artillery, because it has only a single shot. Its on par with the splashdamage of the shell. And now you quickly recognize as GDI, that your building is in danger by arty attack.

The huge amount of these nuke-like explosions of the juggernaut cause fps drops. I would replace them with the old arty explosion sprites. Maybe when the vehicle veterancy is implemented it could be used for elite juggernauts.

But I wouldnt change this explosions for nods artillery, because it has only a single shot. Its on par with the splashdamage of the shell. And now you quickly recognize as GDI, that your building is in danger by arty attack.

We've decided to reduce the rate of fire for the juggernaut, both to fix this problem and the fact that currently GDI can barrage Nod endlessly.