Patch Hotfix

always nice to see some lil changes like the texture of the arms. But since objects arent working which have huge impact on gameplay (silos), this hotfix needs to get to the public as fast as possible. Everything else can be added in a later patch.

If it were up to me, it would have been out two days ago. I've been just taking advantage of this time annd making small changes here and there.

*New Aircraft Heavy Damaged Alarms*

nice. Maybe you can add another sound for the bike? A sound with more bass in it.

and done :D

thanks! that bike engine sound was quite annoying

I should make this a "Request your fix" thread. Within reason of course...Since some of us work at the speed of snail.

I still think the bike is too flippy to be effective. Make it heavier and grip the ground more. Just drving it is hell if you have half-second lag spikes

Actually I know it's not listed but this hot fix already helps that a lot. I'm not saying it's impossible to flip or spin out but it is a lot better. I might even play a bit with the buggy before we ship.

Still not perfect though, I plan on improving the wheel rigging on a lot of vehicles (The bike included). I did play with the new bike though, and it feels pretty nice.

Bike should probably be re-rigged with four wheels instead of two and switch to normal wheeled vehicle physics instead of the unreliable bike physics... you don't gain much from bike physics (other than crazy-spinning-out and whatnot) anyway. Two wheel bones front and back either side of the physical wheels should be a LOT more stable I think.

Still not perfect though, I plan on improving the wheel rigging on a lot of vehicles (The bike included). I did play with the new bike though, and it feels pretty nice.

Bike should probably be re-rigged with four wheels instead of two and switch to normal wheeled vehicle physics instead of the unreliable bike physics... you don't gain much from bike physics (other than crazy-spinning-out and whatnot) anyway. Two wheel bones front and back either side of the physical wheels should be a LOT more stable I think.
Guess you haven't tested the new bikes out yet ;) there alot better now

I didn't say they weren't, but the bike physics in general are sub par compared to wheeled vehicle physics and don't offer any real benefits. Westwood never really got them working properly because there were no bikes in the final version (at least, without going into LE to find them) and thus there was no need to fix their issues.

The patch is beautiful. I had some fun with that new Confessor Elite perk.

But is there any chance the Nod Artillery can be fixed? It's missing (from what I read) a bone on the front-left side which causes it to veer off course when driving.

Would be nice to see the 'No Strings' squashed as well, since these three issues have been present since release.

The artillery has been fixed. It will definitely be in the next patch, whether it is a hotfix or a significant update.

No Strings will be taken care of as well. I'm going to resolve those issues right now.

We have decided to add back the old boink sound. You will see that in the next patch.

• 4 weeks later...

It will of course be adjusted through testing, testing, more testing, additional testing, some more testing, and of course, testing. We are not going to have a repeat of previous releases where we release experimental changes to the public. Unless we decide to have an open beta, even then that will be opt-in thanks to new code Danpaul has been (or still is) working on.