HOT FIX is out!

You can remove the icon by typing !unbind into chat. Maybe you should have the server bot tell that to people periodically to circulate knowledge of the feature. Not sure what that does to gameplay, only used it when I was an "actor" while the devs were filming a new trailer.

Edited by Meyerm

Wouldn't be surprised if the bike was made more quiet. Always struck me as odd for the faction that's all about sneak attacks, deception, and sabotage uses loud as shit engines on their vehicles. And, lore-wise, by 2030 they would probably have a quiet engine. Heck, maybe the bike's electric or fuel cell powered.

Yeah but the audio from the engine is that quiet it doesn't even sound like the bike is turned on lol.

You can remove the icon by typing !unbind into chat. Maybe you should have the server bot tell that to people periodically to circulate knowledge of the feature. Not sure what that does to gameplay, only used it when I was an "actor" while the devs were filming a new trailer.

It gives you a notification when someone from your team enters your vehicle. You can then use !vkick to force them out and reclaim it. It's useful for when a new player comes on and just decides to grab the first thing he sees, honestly.

You don't NEED to remove it manually, there is an SSGM option to disable them entirely on the server... why they're turned on I don't know. !vkick etc all works fine with the icons disabled in the SSGM options (although I rarely see any of the ownership stuff get used)

It gives you a notification when someone from your team enters your vehicle. You can then use !vkick to force them out and reclaim it. It's useful for when a new player comes on and just decides to grab the first thing he sees, honestly.

I actually almost never have my vehicles stolen by teammates. The other day some new guy did take my Tick Tank, but it was like the first time it happened in...months. At first I just thought "uhh..." but then I just decided to go repair something or whatever, and ended up not bothering trying to get my tank back.

On other occasions though, if someone leaves an empty vehicle in base, I usually go in and occupy it just so enemy can't steal it. If the owner returns and wants his tank back, I'll give it back...if not, I just drive off with it.

Actually we just turned the icons off entirely in SSGM config. The binding system is still fully functional, you just don't get the stupid blue floating icons

Never was a fan of them, especially on my renegade bear hunter map, but at the same time I didn't want to put the effort into disabling them.