Ruined Tiberian Dawn buildings in TS Reborn?

Many of us, who played or still play Tiberian Sun may remember stumbling across ruined GDI or Nod structures from Tiberian Dawn, most notably the base near Sarajevo in Nod's 5th mission.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tiberian_Sun_Beta_Picture_18.jpg

I've been thinking:

Now that W3D Hub's Tiberium is under development, maybe some of that game's building models could be reused as ruined versions in Tiberian Sun Reborn. They could on one hand serve as eye-candy, either totally abandoned or taken by the Forgotten or tiberian lifeforms. Some damaged (but repairable) or ruined TD-era vehicles could be scattered throughout those bases, at least the Mammoth MK I.

On the other hand, they could also be used for objective or coop maps. For example missions, in which you have to gain or keep control of an abandoned TD-era base or protect or drive off a salvage team.

"Time bomb" (similar to "Industrial One") or "Rain in the Night 2" could be used for those maps, since they're based on TD-songs.

I remember that about 6 or so years ago, there was a map for Reborn in development, in which the ruined Nod temple near Sarajevo played an important role.

At this moment, I'm not sure whether those ruined building should have ruined interiors or no interiors at all.

What do you think about this?

Edited by FekLeyrTarg

I like the idea actually. I think there's a custom map for vanilla renegade out there some where that has a ruined APB refinery in it. Just add old buoldings from a past age as eye candy. I had an idea years back of a capturable mutant merc barracks that allowed things like technicals and mutant infantry to be trained (vehicles would probably spawn out of team's WF to avoid the dual production building issue). Converted civilian vehicles that are weak but very cheap, some vehicles from the opposing side that have forgotten mutant skins, etc.

You'll be happy to know that as of recently, the map TS_Snow has an old Mammoth MK1 in the center of the battlefield guarded by mutant NPCs. :)

Yes, I've tested it. The Mammoth has quite a punch. It actually contributed to my idea above. :)

I had an idea years back of a capturable mutant merc barracks that allowed things like technicals and mutant infantry to be trained (vehicles would probably spawn out of team's War Factory to avoid the dual production building issue).

I remember that there is a Renegade map, which has a neutral building from which you can buy ReGenesis characters. I forgot its name however.

I'm not so sure about ruined Tiberian Dawn buildings.. but I do plan on replacing the majority of the (buggy) AI mutants and replacing them with a TD guard tower or two for more nostalgia. I have plans to add more of the TD units as well. But ruined buildings really would not contribute much to the gameplay, so they would likely be low priority.

You could always add a TD refinery to some maps (namely Shallows) with a drop off zone for both teams... kinda have everyone fight over it to provide a better resource drop zone for their team while deniying the enemy (make it close to a tib field both sides harvesters can access) build a bit of a base around them and wham, nostalgia factor 9001 complete with rose tinted glasses for added 'sigh'.

If you are going to add old tib dawn stuff for the mutants, what would be a nice touch is mutant graffiti and haphazard repaints with rust and patching so it looks worn and really "mutant slum" looking.

That being said, they should be neutral enemies on more maps if you're going to invest more in them.

Edited by Meyerm

Well, the mutant camps look amazing. However if you would add TD buildings like barracks ( most likely), this could be fantastic. Players would love to see new units and mutant friendly infantry and vehicles, maybe a complete mutant base for coop maps.