Future Cop 2... Capricorn 7

A few of you might have played this fairly old gem of a game called LAPD Future Cop which was released by EA back in 1998 on the PS1 and PC (and Mac for those who care about those).

The game itself was a top down, third person shooter involving a heavily armed mech that transformed into a hovercraft where in the campaign it was pitted against all kinds of nasties from guys with rocket launchers to weird mutant slug monsters and Dreadnought style Tanks (you even had to kill an observatory that had been turned into a laser cannon) as you attempted to clean up LA from cyborg drug lords, apocalypse cultists, mad scientists, AI gone rouge and kingpins, by yourself or with a friend in jolly Coop.

The best part however was the second game mode called Precinct assault where you battled your buddy (or a super creepy AI with an amazing voice) in what can only be described as a MOBA before MOBAs became the big thing.

For years that was it, as the game was a relative financial flop due to poor advertising and the sheer numbers of games being released back in those days.

Until now...

CAPRICORN 7

The spiritual successor to Future Cop LAPD being developed by a one man indie developer, which looks to bring all the old game play elements back and then add some more on top for good measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z5EASTxLxo

View the website here:

http://capricorn7.com/

Or visit the Indie gogo campaign to help fund it here:

http://igg.me/at/capricorn7/x

Memories... I remember borrowing this game from my cousin somewhere at age of 10 so many times he ended up giving it away. I can still picture myself playing that Precinct Assault gamemode like mad, and let the homework do itself in the meanwhile. Absolute gem, this game. Still got that disc gathering dust over there... Capricorn 7 doesn't look too shabby, either. 10/10 would blow that observatory up again.

ENEMY WITHIN BLUE BASE PERIMETER

This game brings a lot of memories back, I remember beating Sky Captain a lot of times in Precinct Assault (I could never finish the story). Now that I remember I bought this on PSN a few years ago and I might go check up on it again...

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this remake but I will definitely keep tabs on it.

Yeah, I probably should have added a nostalgia warning to the thread title and advised people to ensure that their roses tinted spectacles are firmly in place before proceeding to read this topic :D

I therefore take no responsibility for injury, loss of sleep, difficulty breathing, eye strain, hallucinations, obsession an/or paranoia invoked from the attempt to find this game from the dusty annals of history (or the attic) or damage to computers from attempting to make it work on a modern operating system (because believe me, you'll end up attempting to eat your keyboard by the time you give up)

The only thing that ever irked me about LAPD Future Cop was that the Demo was actually better than the finished game as it had more stuff happening on the level.

Here's the demo:

Now why couldn't the whole game been like this :confused: