Musical instruments

Hey All

So does anyone play any musical instruments, Dj or make music at all?

I play:

Guitar

Drums

Bass guitar

Musical stuff I do:

Produce music

I also dj and have a pair of technics and around 800 vinyl (pretty much all dnb) :)

My drum kit and guitars take up a whole room of my house :)

Edited by Shnappz

I can play pretty much any percussive instrument you give me, except toms, tenors, and snares. I specialize in keyboard percussion however, especially the Vibraphone. But I am also good at Marimba, and can play Chimes, Glockenspiel, and Xylophone. I used to play Clarinet a LONG time ago. I actually still have a professional clarinet lying around my home, and it is one of the best clarinets I ever had (even beats some people that went professional).

I can play pretty much any percussive instrument you give me, except toms, tenors, and snares. I specialize in keyboard percussion however, especially the Vibraphone. But I am also good at Marimba, and can play Chimes, Glockenspiel, and Xylophone. I used to play Clarinet a LONG time ago. I actually still have a professional clarinet lying around my home, and it is one of the best clarinets I ever had (even beats some people that went professional).

That's an awesome talent General, I've never actually met anyone who plays keyboard percussion... How'd you get into it?

Can somewhat play the harmonica and make random noises with an ocarina :D

I lol'd at this :D

And I've never heard of an Erhu so I looked it up and I liked what i saw :)

I play the trombone, baritone, tuba, E-flat horn, and occasionally trumpet though its really difficult coming from the bigger instruments. I feel like i'm blowing on a coffee stirrer.... I was in the school band starting in the 7th grade and stayed in through college. The last time I played was last fall in the marching band. I did 9 concert seasons and 8 marching seasons total. I had to quit marching mid season due to an old back injury getting worse. I could no longer carry a 40lb sousaphone (marching wrap-around tuba for those unfamiliar with the term). I did not do concert band this spring because of a scheduling conflict. But I do still play for fun on occasion :) Once music is a part of your life, you can't ever completely separate from it....

That's an awesome talent General, I've never actually met anyone who plays keyboard percussion... How'd you get into it?

Many years ago.. I showed up to Band Camp in long jeans (in Florida!). It was decided to put me into the Front Ensemble since I could not learn to march safely. I ended up learning how to play mallets in about 5 minutes, and was promoted from Glock to Vibraphone, unheard of by a freshman. I developed my talent over the next few years, and now I am here.

• 5 months later...

As an update: I got involved in the Band at my College, since I needed an elective that wasn't boring and/or was overqualified for. The director put me in the R&B band as a Drum Kit player... and I have been doing a decent job at it too. First performance is in November, so this will be fun...