Our Glorious Wiki

Hello, soldiers and warriors!

Seeing the tabs up at the top of our web page here, I figured that recreating the Wiki might have a good place between "Members" and "Bug Tracker."

The problem is I'm not a coder, and "how to create a wiki" has taken me only so far.

If someone knows what they're doing and knows how to create a wikipedia code skeleton, then I can resume work on our glorious Wiki project.

I have all the pages intact, and backed up.

2018 Update

The original wiki has been entirely saved! I am working with OWA and company on the wiki's transition to a new editing system. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to disclose, but suffice, I have been making daily or semi daily updates to it since its unveiling! I am going to post all of the original content, then resume my efforts at overhauling it all.

I am proud to find a use for my C&C writing skills!

Hello, soldiers and warriors!

Seeing the tabs up at the top of our web page here, I figured that recreating the Wiki might have a good place between "Members" and "Bug Tracker."

The problem is I'm not a coder, and "how to create a wiki" has taken me only so far.

If someone knows what they're doing and knows how to create a wikipedia code skeleton, then I can resume work on our glorious Wiki project.

I have all the pages intact, and backed up.

This sounds like an epic plan WhiteWolf. I was thinking of getting mediawiki back up and running when possible. We can look into it this weekend if you like?

All the other wikis required user registration. People can't be bothered with that. I actually suggest anonymous editing should be allowed.

In addition, staff should be filed away under a seperate usergroup. The people should decide their admins and beaurocrats, not us. That has caused problems on several other wikis.

• 1 month later...

Wow, sorry I totally vanished!

I work two jobs, and I don't troll the forums much!

Yeah, poke me about getting the Wiki started up again! I'm on Steam, Skype, AIm, Yahho, MSN...Addresses in my profile.

I'll grab you on skype sometime man. We're just in the middle of adding a load of mods to the new wiki in order to make it more user-friendly. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, because anonymous edited worked "great" for ECW about the time the bots found it.

Didn't take them long either, the damn thing isn't even public yet and I've already had to password protect the directory until someone with wiki access fixes it

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We could do a C&C tournament some time, I was making 2v2v2v2 tournament map for TS a while back I could finish it and we could play across a few games and mods.

(Over the handy CNCnet clients)

I wanted to ask you set something like that up for a while now.

Edited by Isaac The Madd

• 1 year later...

I'm necro-ing this.

To let you all know...

I'm still alive...I am in fact working on this thing daily...I got a better job, I work in the IT industry, I got the ever-living-FUCK outta retail, I passed my CISCO CCNA test, and I'm looking for a network engineer job.

I earned my life...I freed up my weekends...and I am alive...

I don't live in death...I simply live!