freezeover

Freezeover vote  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Freezeover get out of rotation?

• Yes, forever!
    • Yes. But only temporary until the infantry balance got tweaked.
    • No!

I think it should be out for a while until infantry get properly balanced. However i also think this map should expand into a vehicle map. Maybe like the infantry one being the beginning of the battle for wherever it is, and then the vehicle one reflects an ongoing struggle. I'd really like to see that bridge in the middle collapsed, and other terrain irregularities. Then maybe a third which introduces aircraft. Also maybe setting up two hands of nod, the one from the first map being destroyed and a wreck, and the second or third map having another hand of nod in another location.

Just putting some ideas out there.

I've gone ahead and removed both Drought and Freezeover from rotation for now. There are plans to expand infantry only maps to be a lot more fun (along with balance changes to make it playable again), but they are not going to be implemented anytime soon.

Infantry only maps would be better if they weren't so campy. The maps themselves are cool. But they really need like Buggies and wolverines and something interesting to fight over. Having a tiberium field right outside GDI's base doesn't exactly help the camping factor. IT would be awesome if those Mobile War factories were placed on infantry maps, and the maps themselves were made bigger.

Edited by Bayonetta

I say bring back everything the infantry beta had for infantry-only maps. Beacons, snipers, mines and stuff. It would also bring some much needed variety to the game.

Perhaps, but i'd prefer a hybrid of infantry if that were to go ahead. By hybrid i mean some from the current version, some from the inf beta, and so on.

The infantry only maps could be made into low tech maps similar to Seclusion (Still have the 10 minute time though for them as they do on the infantry maps) or be made into unique maps where GDI could start the game with two mammoth spawns, and Nod have a larger base. (While still keeping the general theme and layout of the map) I personally love Drought, but damn, that tiberium field in the middle ruins it. Why not have it off to the side? and replace the silos with a Ref? and allow harvester re spawns? Add a town in the middle of the map with mutants. Make the overall map bigger.

So much could be done with the infantry maps, with a bit of love you could make a mediocre map really good

Edited by Bayonetta