TS:Reborn Testing Video (June 13th 2015)

Hey everyone. Sorry about the recent silence, we have been busy. VERTi60 has recorded some neat footage from yesterday's test however, and I thought I would share it to you:

Just a few notes:

• HUD was an experimental change in this patch, it isn't finished.
  • The reason for the missing health and ammo displays is because I forgot to include font files...
  • The enforcer is using placeholder models for the character and weapon. While the character MAY be released with the placeholder, the weapon for sure will not be.
  • You may notice Field_2 is back. It has been renamed to Field, with the original Field being renamed to Desert_River

So what is left you may ask?

• Add new logic for Jumpjets so they cannot fly inside buildings or tunnels
  • Fix up some maps
  • Add the new Sabotage beacons to Chameleon Spies
  • Finish off the new HUD

These will take a bit, but the wait shouldn't be too long now. This patch pretty much finalized the disk thrower and the enforcer balancing, and really the only tweaking needed is in Jumpjets and some new features.

Actually I copied the Battle for Dune HUD. Funny how they get a freepass but we don't. But we needed a concept, so someone else could later go in and design a proper HUD, like this concept:

post-10381-0-79553400-1434273225_thumb.p

This was made by Dentistman, one of our testers. He certainly has talent, and this will likely be used to make the final version

Pfff Ooooo maaaaaaan..... Why? New patch, new bugs again, again... Field 2 Flying towers :D... New Patch= 10-15 new bug... pfff

Hence the emphasis on "test version." Bugs happen in testing versions. Then we fix them so they do not go into the public version. This was something we made a mistake on the past few versions, so this version aims to correct that mistake.

"!setnextmap TS_Kombat"? I haven't seen TS_Kombat since the infantry beta.

Was the music inserted during post production or has a feature, which changes music tracks during gameplay (like in Renegade-X), been implemented?

It looks very promising so far and I'm looking forward to the update. :)

Was the music inserted during post production or has a feature, which changes music tracks during gameplay (like in Renegade-X), been implemented?

Music was added post production - random from TS Soundrack. Usually during testing we don't have music running coz you can't hear other testers.

Actually I copied the Battle for Dune HUD. Funny how they get a freepass but we don't.

Because as it happens, AR and BFD made the transition to that HUD at the same time without the other team knowing.

Actually I copied the Battle for Dune HUD. Funny how they get a freepass but we don't.

Because as it happens, AR and BFD made the transition to that HUD at the same time without the other team knowing.

Don't worry, the TSR hud will be unique from the other games. He just put the concept into it for this test version.

Just Barracks and HoN on a flat small surface, no class purchases (only techs available), a random crate spawns once in a while where you have a rough 15% chance to get a new class, 50% chance of getting either a RV ruining your game-play or armor boost :p

Good game for people who like techie rushes but once somebody gets a cyborg...

Would've liked to have seen the Enforcer showcased from a GDI point of view but the limited shots were nice.

And judging by what was said by TS_Kombat, sounds terrible indeed. Especially if said crate is only available once per X minutes.

Edited because this original post sounded a bit demanding, not my intention. New maps are nice and all but please fix the originals before bringing in old ones which most likely contain problems.

Edited by Kai

So ts_kombat is beachfront or an old map i think, right?

TS_Kombat is basicly barracks vs hand of nod taking place on the top of a tiny mesa where you fight with Technicians.

In TS_Beachfront you can buy all the units, the map looks much nicer, has a Tiberium field ans is generally much more fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...