GDI Officer vs Nod Elite Cadre

I'm suprised this hasnt been brought up before. Where is the balance between these two classes? The cadre is super-accurate and is able to level bases from the outside while the GDI officer can do neither of these things. As far as im concerned this is one of the biggest problems in reborn at the moment. (besides the op devil tongues)

Just nerf cadre sting a bit against buildings, in my opinion. Cadre and Officer are pretty even in terms of primary weapons since the Officer actually has a longer range, something a lot of people seem to overlook... It should, anyway?

I have no idea how the officers were supposed to be balanced.. but it clearly isn't working. I don't plan on removing the AA Rocket Launcher due to a severe lack of any AA units in GDI, but the rest of the stuff.. needs to be looked at. My focus is on getting this thing released, but due to a severe issue with TSR that might delay from my planned release (which will be a REALLY FUN [/sarcasm] thing to fix), I might take some time to look at advanced infantry balance.

Alright, took a look at the stats on this thing.. and they do not look good:

GDI Officer:

Damage: 6.5

ROF: 14

6.5 x 14 = 91 DPS

Range: 75

Spray Angle: 1.1

Elite Cadre:

Damage: 9

ROF: 11.5

9 x 11.5 = 103.5 DPS

Range: 75

Spray Angle: 0.35

Summary:

Not only does the Elite Cadre do more damage, but it also has superior accuracy, which means more bullets will hit. The officer has absolutely nothing going for it-not even range-except for clip size, which doesn't matter when you are dead.

In addition, the Elite Cadre serves an anti-vehicle role which it really shouldn't since they have a Rocket Soldier, which makes it far superior to the Officer, which only serves an anti-air role (useless in most maps).

NOTE: I apologize for the slight condescending tone of the original post here, I've had a very bad few weeks.

Edited by Generalcamo

Rebalanced basic and upgraded Cadre rifle (slightly less dps, higher accuracy)

Damage: 9 -> 9 11 -> 9.5

Range: 75 -> 75 80 -> 80

Velocity: 350 -> 340 380 -> 370

RoF: 10 -> 9 11.5 -> 10

Spray: 0.5 -> 0.35 0.4 -> 0.3

DPS: 90 -> 81 126.5 -> 95

Rebalanced basic and upgraded Officer minigun (More dps & range, less accuracy)

Damage: 9 -> 8 10.5 -> 9

Range: 75 -> 85 85 -> 95

Velocity: 350 -> 380 380 -> 390

RoF: 10 -> 12 12 -> 13

Spray: 0.5 -> 1.1 0.5 -> 0.9

DPS: 90 -> 96 126 -> 117

These are the values I gave them in the last patch I did, note officer DPS > cadre. I don't know who changed it since then...

Alright, I took Danpaul's values through a bit of testing. I believe the reason the Elite Cadre was changed was because it fired slower than the Nod Rifle infantry. However, in correcting this, the stats were not taken through a calculator. This also doesn't explain the officer nerfed.

Anyway, the Officer and Eltie Cadre guns use Danpaul's stats now. I changed the ROF of the Elite Cadre's Carbine to match Nod's Light Infantry, but I kept the same DPS values using some math skills. The Elite Cadre's Grenades will also be looked at.

I deliberately made the RoF a bit slow on the Cadre to give the guns more differentiation, it made no sense that a minigun and a rifle had such similar rates of fire... miniguns should literally spew bullets out, compared to a rifle which should be a bit slower and more methodical (and, hence, accurate). Might make sense to nudge the officers RoF up a bit to maintain a distinction between them.

Update:

The changes mentioned above still were not great. I went ahead and made the following changes:

• Elite cadre now has a limited amount of grenades (15 total)
  • Elite cadre rifle now has inaccuracy. (Spray Angle .35 --> .75)

I like the limited grenades, this should work out much better!