Einstein seeks a headset

Einstein

Ok, so anyone that has been on teamspeak with me knows that I don't have a headset, or more importantly, a microphone.... I have decided that it is time to purchase a headset to use for gaming and chatting. I have looked at a few but I really don't know whats good and what isn't so I'd like to hear others' opinions and personal experiences with different brands and models. If you like what you have or know of a good one, post it and some info/opinions on it here. Know of a really horrible one? Post it here too so we know to avoid it!

Thanks!

I've got an acquaintance who's into technical aspects of such gear, so if you show me the back side of a box or the name of a headset model you like, I can ask him to confirm what's really ok on that model so you know you're getting your bang for your buck. He helped me out a lot with that, although my headset is still mid-tier by price range.

In my experience maintenance is very important. Make sure you don't put much stress on the cables (unless you get wireless!) by stretching them or having them hanging with weight as they're the most likely to break. I have Turtle Beach, my friend warned me they break easily but so far they've held up perfectly after over a year.

I don't even have headphones lol. Just some very uncomfortable $10 earbuds. I want something comfy and I would be willing to spend (i guess) around $100 on something that will be comfy and last a long time and work well. I don't want whistles and bells, and I prefer wired (wireless headsets give off ridiculous interference) so hopefully that narrows it down a bit.