What Operating System do you use?

moonsense715

Players questionnaire  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What Operation System do you use while playing W3D games (e.g. Reborn)?

• Windows XP
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8/8.1
    • Windows 10
    • Windows Vista
    • Other (please post it)

I'd like to know what OS everyone is using (especially you, players).
We'll use this information to see what OS we need to support in the future.
E.g. I heard some people still use XP but scripts development will not support it in the future.
(If there are a lot of XP users, and they demand it, we might launch a legacy game version of Reborn.)

I myself am on Windows 7 and still prefer it over the newer ones.

What do you use? :)

Legacy version of Reborn

What? That's news to me.

Why break XP?

5.x relies on libraries and compilers provided by Visual Studio 2013. These items do not support XP, and to add support for XP, it would mean a sharp reduction in performance and feature loss. Remember that 3.x broke compatibility with 98, and 4.x broke compatibility with 2000, so this isn't the first time this has ever happened.

Combination of Windows 10 and Arch Linux.

WinArch 10. :p

Well....At home I use 8.1 x64 still because I have not put the time into hunting up all the installers for the gajillion programs i have installed. At work I use 10 pro x64, 7 pro x64, and XP, depending on what needs doing....and though it probably doesn't matter for this thread, a good bit of windows server, various editions.

Well....At home I use 8.1 x64 still because I have not put the time into hunting up all the installers for the gajillion programs i have installed. At work I use 10 pro x64, 7 pro x64, and XP, depending on what needs doing....and though it probably doesn't matter for this thread, a good bit of windows server, various editions.

If you read the question, it clearly asks the OS of the computer you play w3d games with :)

If you read the question, it clearly asks the OS of the computer you play w3d games with :)

And who's to say I don't game on all of these?? Kidding :D

• 2 weeks later...

oh lol. Well it will in system properties (start -> right click my computer -> properties, OR start -> run -> sysdm.cpl), but yeah that won't run TSR haha.... If the RAM is the same kind in your other PC, it might work here though. Or since the other one was the better PC, you might try switching the power supplies to make the other one work again for a while. Good chance that they have the same type unit inside.

I don't think they have the have same unit as they had different manufacturers (Gateway and Dell) and were made six years apart.

Plus it had an oddball power supply that Dell custom makes (or used to) for office computers.

If they do work together they certainly won't fit in that notebook-like case.

Also apparently it has 512 Megabyte RAM, close enough the point is the newer one was old and slow and this is extremely old and slow.