What Operating System do you use?

moonsense715

Players questionnaire  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What Operation System do you use while playing W3D games (e.g. Reborn)?

• Windows XP
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8/8.1
    • Windows 10
    • Windows Vista
    • Other (please post it)

I hadn't managed to get the launcher to run under Wine. The games I had no issue with (for the time I've played anyway).

Since there is no other way to get the game files than through the launcher, I grabbed the installed files from a Windows installation. After that is was just a matter of running the executable.

I should probably try and pick this up again to see how things are now with Wine.

post-5149-0-10128700-1463426813_thumb.png

/tease

How is Windows 10? I've got this free upgrade, but I've procrastinated on doing it because I just get comfortable with a certain layout and I don't like to change...but the free upgrade will expire in a month or so I guess I have to take it soon.

Edited by delta

Personally I'd say it's fine but I had the same opinion with Windows 8 tbh.. But if you prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8 then you'll probably be fine with Windows 10 as well.

I don't recall whether or not you could rollback after installation but otherwise you could always clone your HDD, update to Windows 10 and if you're not happy put the cloned image back.

That said, I personally barely use Windows nowadays. Since I've moved to Linux I only used Windows for 2 reasons so far; 1) gaming, 2) coding with the W3D Hub Launcher to get it to run on Linux (/me points to tease at page 2).

I hadn't managed to get the launcher to run under Wine. The games I had no issue with (for the time I've played anyway).

Since there is no other way to get the game files than through the launcher, I grabbed the installed files from a Windows installation. After that is was just a matter of running the executable.

I should probably try and pick this up again to see how things are now with Wine.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2016-05-16 21-02-00.png

/tease

Oh you dirty boy you :v

Can't wait until you're finished working out all the bugs!

• 3 weeks later...

Not natively but afaik WINE should work on Mac as well. Currently working on that for Linux (see previous 'tease' post).

This should not be to hard to run in Mac after that as well, though I will not be able to test that as I do not own any Mac system at all.

I use Windows 10, I used to have Windows 8.1 too but it was such a pain in the arse to work with (since I had XP for 7 or so years the changed to 8.1 for 6 months then got feed up with its crap and changed to 10) and it was so buggy too :/