Your thoughts about the Game Nights

Game Night questionnarie  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which day should game nights be held on?

• Saturday
    • Sunday
  2. 2. What time should they start at?

• 8pm BST / 3pm ET / 2pm CT / 12pm PT
    • 9pm BST / 4pm ET / 3pm CT / 1pm PT
    • 10pm BST / 5pm ET / 4pm CT / 2pm PT

Hey guys!

In order to make the Game Nights fit your availability more, I created a poll.

We know that Sunday might not be the best for some people as they have to get up on Monday morning.

The exact start time can vary as well. BST is the current British Summer Time, Europeans should be able to calculate from that. E.g. Berlin/Prague is +1.

Please take your time and vote!

The questions allow multi-choice, so if it doesn't matter, you can vote for all. But please, if you have a preference, vote for that only.

If you have any comments/suggestions in connection with the Game Night, please write it down here or send it to me in a personal message.

Go! :)

Saturday and Sundays are generally fine for me. But time wise I think 9PM BST is okay too.

For future events, it would be nice if some sort of 'fun' elements were brought back from previous events. Like superweapons randomly going off, crates, CABAL being a magnificent douche and other zany stuff. That was fun.

I would like Saturdays but I don't have a computer that can run TSR anymore.

CABAL spawning cyborgs and empty vehicles while saying "fight for my amusement flesh bags" randomly would be neat. (on select maps of course)

It would be nice to have random events on the game night like, maybe random A.I. turrets spawning throughout the maps.

Alas missed the game night as RLF demanded that I help him defeat Leviathan Extreme on FF14 (and what a battle joke disaster that was)

I voted to have it earlier as 9pm BST is when my RLF come online and demand my blood time.

Hope it went well for all who attended though :)

This is amazing. I can finally join this events becasue most of you voted for Saturday and 8 BST. I can't wait for the next one. I think that Cabal should send groups of cyborgs to attack the bases and there should be a mutant base too, or atleast spawning mutants randomly on the map.

Edited by AndrewGOLD

Well TS_123 was going to have The mutants playable, in that if you press "E" on a button in a civ tower you change team, and it still might but I have no clue how to make that work.

Also it will have naval vehicles but only one model was made before my computer died and I have yet to get a new one. (The river was still dry,and by the way nothing has a finished model)

TS_123 is very far from done.

Edited by Isaac The Madd

I recommend not doing it anyway until I get their arsenal in-game. Right now, only the Mammoth Tank and a few infantry units exist. Later on I will be putting in modified civilian vehicles and some more Tiberian Dawn and possibly even some Red Alert vehicles.

Speaking of which... buildable mammoth tanks for GDI and Nod.

I'm thinking if Nod has Mammoth Tanks, nobody will ever use Tick Tanks. For that matter, GDI would probably use nothing but Mammoths as well. At least, assuming if they keep their current stats as the one on TS_Snow.

While thats a valid point delta, I have to disagree. If both teams were given the mammoth, I think other vehicles would still be used and it would add more "dynamic" to the gameplay. Like in APB, you don't always get a mammoth on Soviets or a medium on Allies. The heavy and light tanks are used a good bit as well. Why? Because they serve a different purpose. This might actually serve to give the vehicles more "identity". And since TSR is based on a broad time period in that universe and not a specific game (I think its been said TS + Firestorm until this point, someone correct me if I'm wrong here), I think it's reasonable to include tech from the time in the past closer to when Nod was still coming out of the age of Soviet tech. That being said, I don't think the 2 tanks should have the same model. Maybe make them slightly different in some way? Food for thought :D

So I thought the game night was at 10 pm my time because I saw it on facebook, (for some reason I thought it had auto time-adjust.) I just happened to be online and decided to play during the actual time because I was at home and had nothing to do lol.

Speaking of that is most of your Facebook audience central Europe? IT kinda seemed like an oddball timezone on facebook.

There would certainly be situations where I'd want an Attack Bike or Stealth Tank over a Mammoth, but the Tick Tank just doesn't seem to offer much in the way of flexibility or speed the way the Heavy Tank does over the Mammoth in APB. Similarly for GDI, I might want a Hover MLRS for the speed and mobility, or a Titan occasionally for hammer buildings, but the Mammoth would probably see much more use in general. The Disruptor would probably just disappear from use entirely.

I doubt the Disruptor would disappear from use, for as long as you can get it in range, there is little if anything that it can't fight one on one and win. Mammoth MK.II and the obby not withstanding.

Edited by ganein14

The way I would do it, in regards to the MK1 mammoth being purchasable by GDI and Nod, is to instead call it the Mammoth MK1-2 and have it as a later mass production model that is inferior to the original prototype vehicles (the one currently ingame that the Mutants use/guard) as it lacks the self repair system and some of the armor reinforcing (less health)

You could say that this was as an attempt by GDI treasury to reduce the vehicles cost,

Although on the upside it moves a bit faster due to its reduced weight.

That way you still have a reason to fight over the Mutant controlled Mammoth as it's the superior version.

(edited to not be a big'ole blob o text)

Edited by DeviousDave

Make mutant controlled versions of vehicles the fire blue tiberium projectiles so that they all have an explosive weapon (that is also good against infantry).

Lets say GDI has the mammoth mk 1.5 and it is a small slow strong legged tank.

Lets say Nod has the mammoth mk 1 modified to be a faster slightly weaker tank.

I have massive plans for a Forgotten faction. That's going to take a while though, so it won't happen anytime soon.

Capturable Forgotten techbuilding somewhere on the maps so you can build some of their stuff. The techbuilding should be guarded by AI. If captured, you can build mammoth tank and some mutant infantry.

That looks wonderful but I think it looks too pristine, maybe make it look like the mutants replaced bits with tiberium when it started break down over the last thirty years. So you have to run through and capture the tech building while slowly dying of tiberium poisoning that is healing the mutants. Also make the yellow green, see if you can make it look spray painted over.

I would prefer not to mess with too many textures honestly. Maybe some dirt on the outside is good enough. Remember this isn't my work to be mucking around with. These were created by Synaesthesia for an old project of his (a prototype "Tiberium" in a map, Noddingham), granted to us for use in our mods.

I doubt he would mind, just credit him somewhere on the texture itself...

or ask for his permission beforehand...

or add in the modified version as an alternate texture that people have to activate on their own...

or give me a few weeks (whenever I get around top it/find the time) after it get's added and I'll probably end up modifying it to fit in with my games texture pack (Paint.net 4 the win)

(speaking of which, whatever happened to the whole downloads section where people could place their modified textures etc?)

also

44ae2003_bth_threadderailedsu2.gif

kinda appropriate seen as the BF(not3)EA Beta just came out :dance:

Edited by DeviousDave