Well, it was fun while it lasted!

Synaesthesia

C&C: Tiberium has been officially cancelled. Synaesthesia explains the reasoning behind the cancellation.

Hey guys!

I do apologize for this being Yet Another Dead Project, but it's better to just come out and cut the cord than it is to string anyone along with the idea that I might actually find the time to work on this. I do enjoy C&C, and I will probably still make C&C-related artwork in the future, but I simply am too busy to fit this project in anymore. There's a few reasons for this - I've taken on more responsibility at work in the form of Unreal 4 development, and I now work part-time for Quixel based in Sweden. If you're a 3D artist and enjoy texturing, you should really check out Quixel Suite - QS 2.0 is incredible software!

I'll still be around here, but this project is effectively dead - but fret not! Some parts of it will live on in TS: Reborn. I'm sure you'll figure out how. You guys are a smart bunch.

Skål!

@NodGuy My thoughts exactly. I really enjoy the effect that "destroyed" props and buildings add to a map.

@Synesthesia I wish you godspeed in all your endeavors. I was really looking forward to this, but I can definitely relate to your "time budgeting" situation.

• 4 weeks later...

This was never going to happen. From my admittedly distant perspective, you went through the same cycle of interest-disinterest you've been going through for the past decade almost regarding C&C/W3D. Your inability to meet your own deadlines and the reliance on assets you've made during days past set the tone rather than your jib at EA in the form of your title. Your talent has never been questioned, you have work in the industry and you've severely improved your abilities in over a decade. However, your ability to come through with such a project was rightfully in doubt.

Here's to hoping Quixel 2.0 actually comes out soon as the tool looks fantastic. It's a wonder nothing like this came out before QS1. I'd like to believe it will make texturing more accessible but hey, I have a harder time predicting stuff like this.