What happen to Reborn

Alright then. Lets just all jump ingame this weekend as we have time!

The thing that folks keep forgetting is that people are more likely to join if someone is already ingame. If nobody is ingame, the likelihood that one person will get in and play alone is low. Personally I think thats the problem. We check the server but we never actually join the server when we want to play. We assume we're the only ones game for a match and then we move on. That being said....at some point, the launcher will be updated to include a lobby of sorts that I hope will alleviate this problem. Until then though, we just gotta get in there and wait for a bit. As many people as i hear about just checking the server on a daily basis but never playing because the ingame count is low or at zero, there is no way that we're all checking at different times. There must be overlap somewhere. Thats when the good matches will happen. Take the plunge my friends. Remember: If nobody is ingame, its because you aren't ingame! :D

Also, I'll probably join in about 8 hours when i get off work :D

I agree with you completely, people don't join if they see it's empty. I will join later this evening (EST) so hopefully I'll see others there. Also, have you guys thought about doing some kind of marketing for this game? Have you pitched it to steam yet? Perhaps sending the guys at Kotaku.com and email and have them feature it on their page? We should try to get the word out and get new players in.

Also, have you guys thought about doing some kind of marketing for this game?

Believe me I've argued that point constantly, I keep being told we're not advertising until after the "next patch". We've had about 20 patches since then, but it's still waiting for the mythical "next patch". *shrug*

Have you pitched it to steam yet?

Non-starter. We can't put the W3D engine on Steam because EA would never agree to it.

It's such an old engine now, you don't think they might go for it even as a free-to-play game? Has anyone actually tried?

It's not so much the engine as the C&C intellectual property. Besides, Steam is a for-profit platform and we can't legally make or allow any third party to make money from our games.

Believe me I've argued that point constantly, I keep being told we're not advertising until after the "next patch". We've had about 20 patches since then, but it's still waiting for the mythical "next patch". *shrug*

Have you pitched it to steam yet?

Non-starter. We can't put the W3D engine on Steam because EA would never agree to it

but u try to put w3d launcher and w3d engine no are from EA are from westwood and so westwood get killed by EA westwood = w3d engine = Ea =w3d engine so i can say for what not try ?

I'm not sure what is going on now or before I worked on TSR, but while I was working on TSR, I told everyone that it was to wait until 2.x. I'm not sure if that is still the case though.

It's such an old engine now, you don't think they might go for it even as a free-to-play game? Has anyone actually tried?

It's not so much the engine as the C&C intellectual property. Besides, Steam is a for-profit platform and we can't legally make or allow any third party to make money from our games.

We've said until the new armour.ini is in and balanced fairly well.

I believe he intended to reply to this block rather.

• 2 months later...