BF2: Project Reality - Scenario LAN Party

How many of you would be interested in participating in an organized game event where we would play Project Reality, a free standalone total conversion of Battlefield 2?

The organizational side of things would be handled by ZeeHypnotist and AZ-Stalker (myself), provided we get a decent group of people interested. We're aiming for this to take place on Sunday, but that's just an approximated part of the concept - we can of course set it up to when most of us can play since this is the type of thing that stretches to at least a couple of hours of play time due to the massive amounts of fun and excitement happening. :downs:

The game would be played in maps filled with bots to keep things interesting while human players accomplish scenarios such as killing or defending a rebel cell leader (one of you!) or rescuing a downed pilot (one of you too!) in hostile lands. We'd play using the LAN software called Tunngle (free) and communicate via TeamSpeak (ts.W3D Hub.com). A microphone isn't required but is HIGHLY recommended since such scenarios rely on us, the players, being able to communicate. If someone wants to join in but doesn't have a microphone at the ready, there's always text chat and listening in on TeamSpeak with us. Project reality also has the feature of building defensive structures on the field from an FPS perspective, so we'd also like to try playing a base war scenario if possible. If you've played Battlefield 2, you'll know how to play this - it's just a bit more "realistic".

There will be a few simple rules for play and a small mod (made by Zee) will be needed so everyone can have an easier time. An example would be everyone being able to drive or pilot vehicles instead of being forced to pick up a driver/pilot kit, double grappling hooks, flare guns for pilots and a few other things like that.

Anyone interested can leave a comment as to when they are available, ideally this Sunday (20-12-2015). Any other questions you might have, toss them at us as well! :D

PR:BF2 v1.3.5 Full (Standalone Installer) http://www.realitymod.com/downloads (Tip: The game manual has a lot of useful information!)

The game looks nice and as I see it's 100% free?

Unfortunately I am a bit busy as it's the Christmas season closing in.

Yup, it's completely free! And like I said, the date that's on there is something to work towards, but not necessarily the exact time we'll set as final. Depends on when people have time.

Man I would love to play but I'll be out of town visiting family. I'll have a gaming laptop with me so there's a slight possibility I could jump in at some point but not likely. Hope lots of people join and all have fun though!

@GenCamo - My laptop is for sale :D

Slight update, looks like we're going to have to push this to be played out first thing 2016. So whoever is interested in participating has a lot of time to think about joining in and getting whatever questions you may have out of your systems. Ideally, the sooner we see who's interested the better we can organize the event so get posting if you'd like to join up - yes you, whoever you are.

• 1 month later...