APB 3.0.1.0 Changelog

An MP5, really?

After playing in a few matches earlier today, Allies have the upper hand in just about every map. With the change to ore drops from 700 to 500, you see a huge difference in game play from Soviets. It seems like the answer to this was to give the Soviets a Rocket Soldier and a Ranger? This was never needed on earlier versions of the game, and I'm not sure what sparked this to be changed. Every match is just Ranger spam from both sides, which takes away from the uniqueness of being Allies.You keep changing the pricing of vehicles around to compensate, instead of just reverting the ore dumps back to 700. A lot of odd changes to the game when balance was just fine pre-beta, minus a few little things here and there.

Every match is just Ranger spam from both sides

Sounds like someone's overreacting from one match of Guard Duty. That is the only map where Soviet rangers exist, aside from Wasteland where you can't buy more and only get one at a time. And they exist on GD because Soviets needed a low-tech counter to arties.

It seems like the answer to this was to give the Soviets a Rocket Soldier

They've had these for five years now...

instead of just reverting the ore dumps back to 700

Running out of money would never happen if we did that, because every map now has an ore silo to make sure that it's actually possible to make a comeback from losing the Refinery or getting your ore truck camped.

Every match is just Ranger spam from both sides

Sounds like someone's overreacting from one match of Guard Duty. That is the only map, aside from Wasteland which is basically an infantry map with limited vehicles, where Soviet rangers exist. Unless someone fucked up on the rotation and made those two the only maps, I don't see how this is even slightly true.

Also Soviets have had a rocket soldier for five years now.

instead of just reverting the ore dumps back to 700

Running out of money would never happen if we did that, because every map now has an ore silo to make sure that losing the Refinery is not an instant game over.

Hard to tell with how many maps seem to be missing. Two maps I played on had Soviets with Rangers, back to back, so I assumed they were always on every map.

Running out of money? I was sitting on 6000 credits as a losing Soviet team. We couldn't even leave our base after the first rush from the Allies. You guys added Silos to every map to change the flow of credits, which was again never needed. Losing the Refinery is part of the game if you don't watch the base from attacks.

Just be glad that CJ isn't still running the show. If he was, Rangers would be on all maps, all the time, all factions, and you would see KovTaxis and ShockTaxis. GG any allied offensive

I never liked Chronojam's idea path for the game after beta. Too much has changed that made the game enjoyable. The server issue doesn't help either.

I was sitting on 6000 credits as a losing Soviet team

That's what happens when you have an extra ore truck. On a tech level 2 map, no less. If there were 700 dumps instead of silos you'd have even more excess cash from that.

I was sitting on 6000 credits as a losing Soviet team

That's what happens when you have an extra ore truck. If there were 700 dumps instead of silos you'd have even more excess cash from that.

No, late game makes no difference compared to the first rush. V2's against Rangers/Light Tanks/Medium Tanks is plain stupid. Most of the Soviets on my team were waiting for credits for a Heavy Tank, while Allies were already outside our base. Obviously testing wasn't used much on maps like these. You have to know there's a huge balancing problem, or you wouldn't be making quick patches to fix issues so soon after releasing Delta. I'm sure the W/L rates between Allies and Soviets speaks for itself.

Edited by Coolrock

The Allies actually get their first dump later than the Soviets do on that map, and the first dump also leaves the Soviets with a little more than 950 credits. :?

So basically either all of your teammates were too impatient to save their money for the dump or someone blocked the OT with a supply truck. We can't balance around stupidity. And 700 credit dumps instead of silos would not solve that in the slightest.

Generally what I see is Soviets hunkering down and getting heavies on the first dump. Sometimes they go on a preliminary rush, and it has worked to varying degrees. Usually the Allies can hold it off and then counter with a Light rush. One instance, however, that I've seen resulted in the Soviets taking out the Ore Silo and War Factory. We died shortly afterwards, then steamrolled with heavies for a swift win. It all comes down to how well your team can play to the strengths of the faction in question.

I'm sure the W/L rates between Allies and Soviets speaks for itself.

I downloaded the logs of last 100 games played an hour ago. 31 allied wins, 28 soviet, the rest were 1v1/0v0 situations that don't count because 0v0 obviously means no game and 1v1 comes down to who's the better player more than what team they're on. Doesn't seem that imbalanced to me??? Sure, a little Allied biased, but not problematically so.

edit: taking the games that have been played since then into account, that's 33 allied and 31 soviet.

Just be glad that CJ isn't still running the show. If he was, Rangers would be on all maps, all the time, all factions, and you would see KovTaxis and ShockTaxis. GG any allied offensive

I never liked Chronojam's idea path for the game after beta. Too much has changed that made the game enjoyable. The server issue doesn't help either.

Yeah the soviet rocket launcher was added in gamma I believe. I think the ore dump change is delta?

Soviets have always had some issues with flamethrowers, grenadiers and shock troopers not having definite roles. Rocket soldiers do have definite roles but they overshadow the former two even more then they already are by shock troopers.

Im surprised no change came to coastal influence, but hopefully the navy buffs should help a bit...

You're right, the flight ceiling wasn't raised. Yay! this mean we can all rubberband on trees if we try to fly at any altitude other than max.\

And the hind's weapon is still using the same sound as the pillbox.

Edited by devilslayersbane

The Allies actually get their first dump later than the Soviets do on that map, and the first dump also leaves the Soviets with a little more than 950 credits. :?

So basically either all of your teammates were too impatient to save their money for the dump or someone blocked the OT with a supply truck. We can't balance around stupidity. And 700 credit dumps instead of silos would not solve that in the slightest.

I'm talking about all the maps in general :?

Generally what I see is Soviets hunkering down and getting heavies on the first dump. Sometimes they go on a preliminary rush, and it has worked to varying degrees. Usually the Allies can hold it off and then counter with a Light rush. One instance, however, that I've seen resulted in the Soviets taking out the Ore Silo and War Factory. We died shortly afterwards, then steamrolled with heavies for a swift win. It all comes down to how well your team can play to the strengths of the faction in question.

Because why would anyone grab a V2 anymore when you can get a Heavy Tank. Generally I see a few select people grab a V2 who actually know how to aim well with the Arc. V2's are almost pointless given how fast they go down now that within the first dump, Allies have access to just about every vehicle.

I'm sure the W/L rates between Allies and Soviets speaks for itself.

I downloaded the logs of last 100 games played an hour ago. 31 allied wins, 28 soviet, the rest were 1v1/0v0 situations that don't count because 0v0 obviously means no game and 1v1 comes down to who's the better player more than what team they're on. Doesn't seem that imbalanced to me??? Sure, a little Allied biased, but not problematically so.

edit: taking the games that have been played since then into account, that's 33 allied and 31 soviet.

Over the last few games I just played (and you were there), 90% of the games were won by Allies. FoI hardly counts, as that has changed into some weird joke of a map now. You get thrown into it not knowing what the hell is going on. Maybe I should sink another few hours in to see which maps Soviets start winning on.

Yeah the soviet rocket launcher was added in gamma I believe. I think the ore dump change is delta?

Soviets have always had some issues with flamethrowers, grenadiers and shock troopers not having definite roles. Rocket soldiers do have definite roles but they overshadow the former two even more then they already are by shock troopers.

I don't believe I played Gamma after release. I stopped testing way earlier. Maybe it has been over 5 years since I last played? I don't recall anymore. I always enjoyed Shock Troopers being the go-to Anti-Vehicle for Soviets. Now they're everywhere harassing Allies. I've seen only a handful of them even be used.

Over the last few games I just played (and you were there), 90% of the games were won by Allies. FoI hardly counts

Narrowing it down to post-patch games and excluding domination maps (FoI/Rocktrap), it's 6 Allies and 4 Soviets. First of all I'm not sure how that equates to 90%. Second, as OWA says, it's too early to say how the patch has impacted the balance. But in the last day of the last version, the games were reasonably even compared to earlier in the week where there was a massive Allied lead (31:13 IIRC), so it seems that people have just learned how to play Soviets since then.

I'm talking about all the maps in general :?

Most maps' first dump time is around that of Guard Duty or slower so idk. Ridge War is one of the few maps where Soviets actually have a huge disadvantage in first dump time... but they seem to win there most of the time anyway.

While I've yet to see how the patch has affected the game, I've always boiled games down to four factors when I'm guessing who would win in that match: Number of players, skill of players, how they cooperate and luck. If there are low numbers but highly skilled players, it comes down to who can fight more effectively with their faction. If there are high numbers of fresh meat players to the game, it usually comes down to who has the more skilled players or the side that cooperates better. However, if one side is full of fresh meat players go up against a team of pros, the fresh meat players are going to need a shitton of luck and cooperation to win.

Because why would anyone grab a V2 anymore when you can get a Heavy Tank.

I'm guessing that back in your day, the case was "why would anyone grab a heavy tank when you can get a V2". V2s are now primarily used for pummeling enemy buildings when the enemy is contained in their base (which can't be that uncommon an occurrence considering that the win ratio is only marginally unfavourable for the Soviets) and removing minefields and troublesome infantry in the field. Much like an Artillery. MBT duties should be left to actual MBTs. Guard Duty is actually one of the best maps for V2s due to its size and layout, you're just going to have a bad time if you all get V2s and no tanks.

Because why would anyone grab a V2 anymore when you can get a Heavy Tank.

I'm guessing that back in your day, the case was "why would anyone grab a heavy tank when you can get a V2". V2s are now primarily used for pummeling enemy buildings when the enemy is contained in their base (which can't be that uncommon an occurrence considering that the win ratio is only marginally unfavourable for the Soviets) and removing minefields and troublesome infantry in the field. Much like an Artillery. MBT duties should be left to actual MBTs. Guard Duty is actually one of the best maps for V2s due to its size and layout, you're just going to have a bad time if you all get V2s and no tanks.

Actually no, they were the perfect early rush for Soviets "back in my day", if they got past Rangers and Light Tanks. They were always used for taking out buildings, just not so late into the game that it's almost impossible to use them. I'm not commenting anymore. It's just blowing in the wind. I'll give OWA my feedback instead.