APB 3.0.1.0 Changelog

Yeah dude, on the new Forest of Illusion there was a AI kov super soldier that was translucent, 10 feet tall, and resembled something akin to Slenderman and his only purpose in life was to look awesome and ruin everyone's day...all at the same time :p But now he has been replaced with a Cyborg Reaper.

Although.......he may not be 100% gone forever. Thats all I can say :D

I am not experiencing any of the problems that coolrock is experiencing. I don't see him on the server too often either.

His posts sound similar to Death_Kitty's thread: https://secure.w3dhub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=415527

Death Kitty got to know the game more, and had some matches with equal player counts and skill, and seemed to have resolved his own issues thru practice.

Cool Rock, you might just have had really bad luck, man, with the players on your team and the timing of everything. The other day I saw you join in after the match started on Under, and you didn't stay very long, and there where only like 10 guys. I was playing almost all day yesterday, and I only saw you join for like one or two matches, out of 20.

You're right though, the Allies have the speed advantage, they are great for rushing, and IMO the Allies are an easier faction to use.

@Death Kitty: why thank you! Check out this cool cat:

http://postimg.org/image/s79wgn5lp/

Yeah... I had some bad luck starting up, but imbalance did exist- just not a s badly as I suspected. The patch made it a lot better now. FYI I will be starting another balance-feedback thread soon, so watch out for that! P.S.- what are you thanking me for?

Edited by Death_Kitty

I am not experiencing any of the problems that coolrock is experiencing. I don't see him on the server too often either.

His posts sound similar to Death_Kitty's thread: https://secure.w3dhub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=415527

Death Kitty got to know the game more, and had some matches with equal player counts and skill, and seemed to have resolved his own issues thru practice.

Cool Rock, you might just have had really bad luck, man, with the players on your team and the timing of everything. The other day I saw you join in after the match started on Under, and you didn't stay very long, and there where only like 10 guys. I was playing almost all day yesterday, and I only saw you join for like one or two matches, out of 20.

You're right though, the Allies have the speed advantage, they are great for rushing, and IMO the Allies are an easier faction to use.

Pretty sure I played all day yesterday. I'm sorry I only played with 10-14 players, but that's about all I ever saw in the hours I spent in the game. Pretty sure I know the game considering I've played it since 2004, even if I did take long breaks due to work. I was almost always on top of the leader board, and maps I wasn't were spent defending. Really bad luck? Considering most of the players were testers/staff with the few mixed in randoms I've never seen before, sure.

Get off that horse, sir.

Edited by Coolrock

can someone explain about the forest of illusion volkov? he appeared out of nowhere after a taunt and killed me eventhough I was minding my own business

Some things are better left unanswered. None of us know how that guy showed up. Some say that there are certain triggers on the map that will cause him to haunt the forest area. The thing is, we never put such a thing on the map!

Oh hey, nice MCT.

Although I will say one thing that bugs me about both the current and that new MCT are the legs. they feel too... bare, too perfect. Kinda seems like there'd need to be some kind of panel or something allowing access to the wiring and stuff inside them. And I'm not talking about those tiny vents on the sides of the current one.

An MP5, really?

Giving the medic a submachine gun is an interesting choice, we'll have to see how it plays out. However, an MP5 doesn't really seem like the best choice for APB, especially since it already will feature prominently in AR. IMO it would be better to have a Sterling or something similarly vintage (if someone were to model it, that is).

Edited by Ice

An MP5, really?

Giving the medic a submachine gun is an interesting choice, we'll have to see how it plays out. However, an MP5 doesn't really seem like the best choice for APB, especially since it already will feature prominently in AR. IMO it would be better to have a Sterling or something similarly vintage (if someone were to model it, that is).

Personally, I think that the MP5 is a good choice, but I'd prefer the MP5A2 or the MP5F...maybe even the original HK54. Also, due to the ROF on the silenced baretta, I feel like that could be changed to an MP5SD with a shortened clip. Essentially, the medic needs a fixed buttstock.

An MP5, really?

Personally, I think that the MP5 is a good choice, but I'd prefer the MP5A2 or the MP5F...maybe even the original HK54. Also, due to the ROF on the silenced baretta, I feel like that could be changed to an MP5SD with a shortened clip. Essentially, the medic needs a fixed buttstock.

Personally I'd much rather see a Sterling or MAT-49, or an MP34 or MP40, but that's just me.

An MP5, really?

Personally I'd much rather see a Sterling or MAT-49, or an MP34 or MP40, but that's just me.

I'd agree, but much of the technology in RA is either vietnam-era tech or is based off of vietnam-era tech (some of it later, like the AH-64 and the Mi-24) but what I'd really like is for a bit more choice. Like, maybe one medic skin gets an M16A1 and another an MP5. Providing for more playstyles.

Oh hey, nice MCT.

Although I will say one thing that bugs me about both the current and that new MCT are the legs. they feel too... bare, too perfect. Kinda seems like there'd need to be some kind of panel or something allowing access to the wiring and stuff inside them. And I'm not talking about those tiny vents on the sides of the current one.

Here is a different angle.

Unless I misunderstood the manual, the reason for a lack of panels is a built-in technician...?

Better ask the technical folks for an exact answer of where the panels go...

I'd agree, but much of the technology in RA is either vietnam-era tech or is based off of vietnam-era tech (some of it later, like the AH-64 and the Mi-24) but what I'd really like is for a bit more choice. Like, maybe one medic skin gets an M16A1 and another an MP5. Providing for more playstyles.

That would just create more work for the developers, for little reward.

An MP5, really?

The MP5 was chosen because it was suited to the time period of Allied weaponry (The M16-A2 is from the 80s, while the MP5-N was from the 70s).

My point is I've been having a ball playing this game, and I've seen both factions dominate on an equal basis. Though I have seen some majorly stacked teams, and theres so many variables to take into account for this game, any given match could go any which way, its chaos. One little mistake in the beginning can set the stage for the rest of the match, but theres always room for error. Like on Coastal Influence. We were Soviets, and the Allies had taken out our subpen because I fucked up and pressed "E" while I was in my attack sub, right at their Naval Yard with a buddy, and yeeup. There goes me and my sub. Then the Allies, what with their constant artillery bombings (they had taken out the bridge), sent in some boats and took out our subpen. HOWEVER! We actually won that match. FRAYDO was there on my team. It was thru points, we slowly but surely just kept fighting back, sending mammoths and V2s along the far side. We took out almost all the Allies base defenses. I think how we won is, the Allies lost momentum, where as the guys on the Soviet team (like FRAYDO) where all good shots, and just kept pushing back.

Pfft, it weren't the ships that took out your subpen. That was me lonewolfing your subpen with a Tanya-Naval transport rush. :v I even made it back to base. In fact, it was me alone who took out the only two soviet structures destroyed that match. (And I did it all alone! D: )

An MP5, really?

The MP5 was chosen because it was suited to the time period of Allied weaponry (The M16-A2 is from the 80s, while the MP5-N was from the 70s).

Lol! That's certainly not the case. We had an MP5 lying around for AR and APB borrowed it. That's the reality. :p

An MP5, really?

Lol! That's certainly not the case. We had an MP5 lying around for AR and APB borrowed it. That's the reality. :p

Funnily enough, I actually advocated for a different breed of SMG when talking with GeneralCamo about this. I wanted something like the Sterling or the MP40, but he made the very good point that nobody here would be willing to model it, especially when we have an MP5 laying around that wouldn't look out too out of place. The compromise was that I "roughen" up the texture (to differentiate it from AR and make it more in line with APB's art style) and we all go home happy. And, having played with it ingame for a while, I don't really want it to change.

Funnily enough, I actually advocated for a different breed of SMG when talking with GeneralCamo about this. I wanted something like the Sterling or the MP40, but he made the very good point that nobody here would be willing to model it, especially when we have an MP5 laying around that wouldn't look out too out of place. The compromise was that I "roughen" up the texture (to differentiate it from AR and make it more in line with APB's art style) and we all go home happy. And, having played with it ingame for a while, I don't really want it to change.

Fair point. Still, if I could pick any SMG for the medic, it'd probably be the Walther MPL; A rather unique and little-known weapon which is slightly older than the MP5, yet not an overused WWII weapon either, and still being quite fitting for RA/APB. Plus IMO it looks pretty cool.