Object physics

wolf

I get the feeling those crates are just vehicles... So they will die when tipped over, they won't provide cover against splash damage, servers will likely choke having to keep up with a much larger number of physics-able objects than normal, and client performance will suffer as well as each and every physics-able prop will have to be its own individual object, each eating up a draw call (or more if they have multiple materials).

I get the feeling those crates are just vehicles... So they will die when tipped over, they won't provide cover against splash damage, servers will likely choke having to keep up with a much larger number of physics-able objects than normal, and client performance will suffer as well as each and every physics-able prop will have to be its own individual object, each eating up a draw call (or more if they have multiple materials).

No, they won't die when tipped over. They do have a collision mesh. Not sure how that affects server performance, but i never noticed an issue in a 40 player server with about 30+ boxes. (this was infantry beta)

What's the point in having random boxes though?

So that players can push them around the base and use them as dynamic cover. Mainly because they are fun to drive through though. :p

You know... I wonder if this could be applied in such a way that we can run over trees, sandbags, barbed wire, and chain link fences.

Only if you make them soldiers - only soldiers can be run over :p

AR did have trees that screamed and died when you ran over them for a while as an experiment...

You know... I wonder if this could be applied in such a way that we can run over trees, sandbags, barbed wire, and chain link fences.

Only if you make them soldiers - only soldiers can be run over :p

AR did have trees that screamed and died when you ran over them for a while as an experiment...

It wasn't AR, but one of BogdanV's projects.