Welcome Imperial Age!

FRAYDO

I am exploring the possibility of seeing if its possible to make a standalone client, but at the moment there are no plans for one.

For those interested in more screenshots of the mod here are some I took the other night of some recent work we have been working on.

https://goo.gl/photos/NTR3ZbDjQ9ZiBEGj9

Edited by dblaney1

There are no current plans for Imperial Age to appear on the launcher. They are not a standalone game, they are a renegade server (albeit a heavily modded one).

db is creating a standalone version.

I realize that your intentions were pure in stating this, but in the future you might ask dblaney (or whoever it might be applicable to) just to make sure that you have the latest facts. No harm done in this case, but this could have accidentally created a good bit of confusion. Just a tip :)

So, is this a new version of RIA or is this the same as the Zunnie posted on IndieDB before? http://www.indiedb.com/games/renegade-imperial-age

I'm just asking so people don't get confused and download an outdated launcher that might lead to a dead server or something.

Edited by neko soldier

So, is this a new version of RIA or is this the same as the Zunnie posted on IndieDB before? http://www.indiedb.com/games/renegade-imperial-age

I'm just asking so people don't get confused and download an outdated launcher that might lead to a dead server or something.

A lot of that content looks very very similar to Mauler's/roszek's Cinergy server. Related?

A lot of that content looks very very similar to Mauler's/roszek's Cinergy server. Related?

Ignore zunnies imperialage client page. Those recent screenshot are of Mauler/roszeks map. Zunnie imperialage client was just a renegade client to join ultraaow. Nothing more, nothing less. It essentially was the full game.

Our mod has nothing to do with that.

For screenshots of our mod look here.

Edited by dblaney1

Ignore zunnies imperialage client page. Those recent screenshot are of Mauler/roszeks map. Zunnie imperialage client was just a renegade client to join ultraaow. Nothing more, nothing less. It essentially was the full game.

Our mod has nothing to do with that.

For screenshots of our mod look here.

miblaney rules :D:D

Most of the complaints so far are about 1v2 and 2v3 games. Unfortunately with lower player counts there is not much that can be done about that. If the teams end up unbalanced like 1v3 or 2v4 etc, you can type !swap or !rtc to swap from the the larger team to the smaller. No mod privileges required to do so.

Also regarding balance, keep in mind that some tanks may seem overpowered but they all have weaknesses. While the ezekiel stealth tank can destroy mammoth tanks 1v1 (use these to take out mammoths), the much cheaper amx-13 can demolish the Ezekiel with ease. The secret is to circle around it. The Ezekiel doesn't have a rotatable turret and the vehicle itself turns relatively slowly. The infrared stealth tank on the other hand will take out the amx-13 very quickly, but will be no match for main battle tanks like the m1a2/3, Pendekar, Mammoth tanks, or Titans,

Edited by dblaney1

Most of the complaints so far are about 1v2 and 2v3 games. Unfortunately with lower player counts there is not much that can be done about that. If the teams end up unbalanced like 1v3 or 2v4 etc, you can type !swap or !rtc to swap from the the larger team to the smaller. No mod privileges required to do so.

Also regarding balance, keep in mind that some tanks may seem overpowered but they all have weaknesses. While the ezekiel stealth tank can destroy mammoth tanks 1v1 (use these to take out mammoths), the much cheaper amx-13 can demolish the Ezekiel with ease. The secret is to circle around it. The Ezekiel doesn't have a rotatable turret and the vehicle itself turns relatively slowly. The infrared stealth tank on the other hand will take out the amx-13 very quickly, but will be no match for main battle tanks like the m1a2/3, Pendekar, Mammoth tanks, or Titans,

u need to fix the titan flip mib

The infrared stealth tank on the other hand will take out the amx-13 very quickly, but will be no match for main battle tanks like the m1a2/3, Pendekar, Mammoth tanks, or Titans,

You said something about a very exposed weak spot on the infrared tank last I was on what is that weak spot?

Also why do some of the assets look like they are from early APB?

Edited by Isaac The Madd

The infrared stealth tank on the other hand will take out the amx-13 very quickly, but will be no match for main battle tanks like the m1a2/3, Pendekar, Mammoth tanks, or Titans,

You said something about a very exposed weak spot on the infrared tank last I was on what is that weak spot?

They aren't from apb. They are made from scratch. They just are from a similar time period so the look is similar. Also, some of the tanks are based on the same real world tank.

nah it's less the game size and more things like map design (quicksand? seriously)

also mods deciding to fix unbalanced teams by stacking themselves against newbies.

There's only one map (out of 24) with quicksand and its visible and only in two small spots. It provides an extra obstacle that makes the game more interesting. Also as I said, no one used any mod commands when they switched teams earlier today. They used the built in !swap command.

Edited by dblaney1

Game A has M16 Rifle. Game B has M16 Rifle. Game C has M16 Rifle. They all look the same as they are from the same reference.

The only assets I use on IA that is not created by me are ( Reborn beta released assets " Titan, Ezekiels Stealth Tank, TS Sam Site and a Juggernaunt which is not bone ). But as I gain more experience in modeling 3D i am able to recreate this model from sketch.

Why ... , I need to get an internet connection at the dorm on of these days .

Sadly its not in the 40k universe :(

Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword! That is why you will see why one of the characters has swords and machete. :v

u need to fix the titan flip mib

I need to find time for that. Got other more higher priority model require attention. :dance:

But don't worry I get to that sooner or later.