Screenshots!

Tried to solve the problem of bots being too occupied shooting quickly-respawning infantry to bother actually getting inside a building to take it down.

Created the opposite problem instead. You thought the Three Stooges were crazy? Get ready for ten.

Screenshot.145.png

• 4 weeks later...

I remember him doing some tank battle 1on1,  then a couple of us came to our teammate's aid by blowing Atari's tank up. He went running and shooting after that same teammate of ours, but we shot him down before he got a killing shot. 

TL;DR Two or three of us came between him and another guy dueling. I think. 

Alstar's countdown was actually spot on, it was amazing 10/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Those colours are all apart of Silverlight's hax program. He has finally slipped up and revealed his haxxing ways.

Haxxing sounds like techno wizardry which the angry mob will not tolorate!  burn him at the stake! He turned pyryle’s tanya into a nute.

On 16.4.2018 at 3:28 AM, Silverlight said:

Hide contents

Screenshot_16.thumb.png.8c323a7b4db0ca322008a0cfafee82d2.png

I really like how Momok is fully aiming at your face as if he would be saying "I am gonna getcha" while I am in a (beautifully rendered unicorn particle fog) hurdur-moment just looking somewhere random.

Does anybody have a shot of the full 360 front and sideflip in our rangerbump of this map, though?

Edited by NoSoldier

• 2 weeks later...

Something has gotta be off with how your computer processes color data when you save a screenshot. Try taking a few via different methods - in game shot, recording software shot, print screen paint paste, ect. It's like your color hues are off by a certain degree, hence the orange in addition to the blues.

(@Silverlight Stop making screenshots, they are an insult to the red colour spectrum.)

@AZ-Stalker How does the ant map perform these days? I'm curious as the graphical intensity has some relevance for me, specifically when it comes to a scene where VIS has no functionality (due to no terrain to hide things from). I'm not able to test these things myself since for me W3D operates at 2000+ frames per second unless I am in a 12+ player match and then it drops to 100...

Edited by Raap

On 5/8/2018 at 9:34 PM, Raap said:

@AZ-Stalker How does the ant map perform these days? I'm curious as the graphical intensity has some relevance for me, specifically when it comes to a scene where VIS has no functionality (due to no terrain to hide things from). I'm not able to test these things myself since for me W3D operates at 2000+ frames per second unless I am in a 12+ player match and then it drops to 100...

The last few loads-of-people matches on Antlion were great with no significant performance drop on my end. Maybe some when the Ants got very close. I don't have a beast of a PC, it's just average, maybe even sub-par to today's standards. The neat thing that I've been pushing for the last three times we played with the Ants is cooperative play. We got 10+ people on the same page to play only versus the Ants. And it was good enough to warrant more coop attempts. The more people were in, the more Ants spawned or whatever the logic was. It wasn't that exciting, but it was very cool to see the entire server playing together against a common threat. Enough so that Pushwall, Chopbam and a few of us started talking about what Ants and coop play's potentials and drawbacks are. But yeah, it plays just fine for me. And I'm assuming the prop density doesn't kill performance only because the map is tiny. But I've never edited maps so I can't speak with certainty on that part.

I will say joining up against a common foe is good for morale and good for low numbers on a server. Games just like sports, conversations, dances, or films can’t be constant high intensity. There needs to be some relief, or intermittent rest/slow down. (It also helps new players hang in there longer than me and Catting or Totd vs kitkat59 and likesburritos) Lastly co-op makes me miss gunnie and his crazy co-op ideas. (I also miss Shocky Gonzalez but that is a story for another time)

I suppose co-op might be more feasible now thanks due to Moonsense's MoreSense AI overhaul project (cough).

I still do not like the overal behavior of infantry AI personally though. At least vehicle AI is forced to use some basic movement physics, even if they aren't very brilliant when it comes to pathfinding.

W3D used to struggle when too many AI units were on-screen though. Both client and server performance goes to a crawling pace after a certain amount of units are activated. This means any form of co-op would need a level design that forces AI units to come in waves - meaning each progressive play space needs a finite number of opponents, with some scaling based on player quantity done primarily through adjusting the difficulty of the AI units rather than the quantity of them.

Edited by Raap