Screenshots!

*opens time capsule*

For some reason, I never really took many screenshots back in the day (probably didn't know how for a while haha) but I found some in my really old stuff that look like they're from .9935 single player. They depict some old maps and some mechanics that are drastically changed now, such as water and elevators. I couldn't post (or even open) some because they're still in the old .tga (targa) file type. I'll try to get them open and converted.

Don't remember the name of this map, but I remember the huge mega-tall castle...which I for some reason decided to jump off and skate down the side of like a boss :p

post-5682-0-81559100-1454374989_thumb.png

I should totally be dead...

post-5682-0-00925000-1454375017_thumb.png

Hey, who wouldn't?

post-5682-0-96484200-1454375088_thumb.png

Dat gap

post-5682-0-56004600-1454375212_thumb.png

A Phase whatnow?

post-5682-0-50277200-1454375276_thumb.png

Old map called Treetop something...can't remember exactly. Treetop Jungle maybe? I believe it was fan-made.

post-5682-0-15870100-1454375417_thumb.png

Probably more to come.

EDIT: Found my beta multiplayer screenshots! :D I'll post some later.

ah ok. I would have looked, but unfortunately I lost all the maps I had. I probably only kept one copy in the install dir and forgot to backup when switching PCs or something.... There was another map that had the slowblow flamers....what was it called?

ah ok. I would have looked, but unfortunately I lost all the maps I had. I probably only kept one copy in the install dir and forgot to backup when switching PCs or something.... There was another map that had the slowblow flamers....what was it called?

Turns out that I didn't lose all the maps. I found enough of them to answer my own question :D What was the map with the slow blowing flame throwers? Dark Hole! Screenshots to come! :v

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*!

I really was mass-producing maps 10-9 years ago and the only really decent one to come out of that was Hostile Waters.

With that said, some of you might not know, but Wasteland is actually a map from that era. The 9935 version was called Snow Hills, I believe. And let's face it, Wasteland is not exactly the most detailed map, even with all the small additions in Gamma and Delta. I'm actually surprised it was kept around... I suppose nobody really cared since the map is never on for longer than three minutes.

I think I delivered about 10-12 maps during those years and I happily forgot about nearly all of them. :v

I think I delivered about 10-12 maps during those years and I happily forgot about nearly all of them. :v

And I've collected nearly all of them! :v

Can you have them remade for Delta? :D

I said this before, but if there really is a high interest for a remake of a classic map, and the original creator is no longer around to do it, then I might be able to do it around April, providing that APB still has an active population. I say this with absolute certainty, knowing that nobody in their right mind would want a remake of a map I did during that time period.

remake fjord imo

i miss it.

the imperial age version of it might be worth drawing some inspiration from, with its tunnels and extra route across the chasm; a second dam. although itd probably look better / make more sense as a bridge.

also wrt that tall castle pic from einstein's pic dump: was that like, a helms deep map? i think i remember one.

damn this is making me nostalgic. we should get a 9935 server going for a weekend event

And I've collected nearly all of them! :v

Can you have them remade for Delta? :D

I said this before, but if there really is a high interest for a remake of a classic map, and the original creator is no longer around to do it, then I might be able to do it around April, providing that APB still has an active population. I say this with absolute certainty, knowing that nobody in their right mind would want a remake of a map I did during that time period.

I personally have an enormous desire for the exotic maps. Something that breaks the mold the BHP, and now W3D team does.

remake fjord imo

i miss it.

the imperial age version of it might be worth drawing some inspiration from, with its tunnels and extra route across the chasm; a second dam. although itd probably look better / make more sense as a bridge.

also wrt that tall castle pic from einstein's pic dump: was that like, a helms deep map? i think i remember one.

damn this is making me nostalgic. we should get a 9935 server going for a weekend event

Believe it or not but I was planning on a Fjord remake instead of Hostile Waters, but I was asked not to, for... reasons.

I personally have an enormous desire for the exotic maps. Something that breaks the mold the BHP, and now W3D team does.

Maps that play differently is one of my main focuses, and always has been. You will never see me make a very traditional map unless it was a remake of a classic map that didn't depart from core gameplay.

Exactly how far we can go, depends on how much people will actually enjoy Hostile Waters when it is added to the live rotation. It's not a limitation on my part, more so one coming from the player base. Trust me, I can make some pretty "exotic" map gameplay... But a challenge does come from maintaining gameplay consistency. What you do want to avoid is creating too big of a departure from APB that it almost feels like a different game... That would be bad.

Edited by Raap