APB Weekend Special Event!

APB is having a Screenshot Contest! Click here for details!

Hello Everyone!

This weekend, we've got a 3-in-1 special event that we hope you'll all enjoy! Long-time community member and former BHP staff member Raap has been working furiously toward getting his new rendition of his APB .9935 Hostile Waters map ready for use in the public server. Since it is almost ready he feels, he has decided to let the public get a weekend sneak preview of it! Here's a couple development screenshots if you haven't seen them already.

z01K6JU.jpg

593Q3Gg.jpg

Looks great right? It is, I promise. This event will serve a triple purpose. First off, you all get to play Hostile Waters! Secondly, Raap is asking for feedback from the public. After playing, what are your thoughts? Found a bug? Anything of that sort, we ask that you please post it here so that the final version of the map will have all that ironed out already.

But wait, there's more!

post-5682-0-85795400-1455391660_thumb.png

The Allied Ion Destroyer is making a glorious return!!! Kidding xD Ok, I'm sure you've all noticed the nice loading screens that APB Delta has right? The ones that have awesome screenshots of each map? Yeah those. Well Raap needs one of those loading screens! And he has decided to let you all, the players, get that golden shot for him! So for the third item....

We're having a Screenshot Contest!

Here are the rules:

• Only screenshots taken on Hostile Waters during a live gameplay match will qualify.
  • The screenshot must contain naval gameplay in one form or another. Note that when taking screenshots from a submerged submarine, the image must show a lot of clear content, to compensate for the dark screen.
  • Screenshot must be made with the HUD disabled. (to do this, press F8 and type "hud" to toggle the HUD)
  • Screenshot must be taken with the game on maximum graphical settings.
  • Screenshot must be in PNG quality and unedited, and uploaded at a host that does not reduce quality (imgur.com suffices).
  • Screenshot must be in the highest resolution you can manage. Note that the actual image used in the loading screen is 1024px wide and 352px tall, but the screenshot must be larger than that.
  • A single player can submit as many screenshots as he or she likes.
  • Submit the screenshots in this thread.
  • If your screenshot(s) shows up as a preview or full-size image, put them in spoiler tags please! So we don't bog this thing down so slow it can't be opened! (if you can't figure it out or forget then we'll help you out)
  • The winner is required to have a PayPal account.
  • ...wait...What?!?

As extra incentive, Raap has decided to sweeten the deal! The winner of the contest will receive €25 via PayPal! (thats euro-dollars for you Americans, a little more than $25 USD) I have a feeling we'll have some pretty good submissions! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below! Have fun guys!

Good work so far. More people should become aware that this contest is a thing though. Perhaps the map and contest should stay on the server for a day or two more to allow for more submissions and testing.

A hotfix *may* make it to the server later today, which will raise the Engineer ammo cost for capturing the buildings, since this is a big issue right now and contributes to creating a severe stalemate in larger population matches.

When the test period ends, I'll give people about a day to submit any screenshots they made, and then I'll pick a winner.

Exactly when the test period ends is not firm. I'm hoping to push for 1-2 days of extra time.

The test period has ended, the event was a bit of a failure since most people were not aware of it. :(

The limited testing that did occur, provided me with a list of things I will be changing. Expect the final version of the map to both play and look even better.

Despite the low participation rate in the screenshot part of the event, I am a man of my word; I will review the submissions I did receive and pick a winner... Even if I ultimately may not use that screenshot for the actual loading screen.

You can expect Hostile Waters to become part of APB Delta's official map roster near the end of the month!