All my ideas for mods

Flareon17

Hmm well, is there a particularly compelling reason for someone to play a Renegade mod set in the Star Wars universe, when they can just play one of the Battlefront games that probably still has a much bigger playerbase?

Many years ago, (in a galaxy far far away) there was a star wars renegade mod. They stopped development for some reason, I don't recall why.

We may or may not have the files for that

Many years ago, (in a galaxy far far away) there was a star wars renegade mod. They stopped development for some reason, I don't recall why.

We may or may not have the files for that[/spoiler.]

2 years ago it got rebooted/remake but it became inactive after 3-4 months later... Only X-Wings, Rebel Pilot, Empire Pilot and Laser Blaster Turret i saw the progress so far.

Star Wars and other existing IP's in general are a no-no.

The only reason we got C&C projects still going on here, is because EA gave these project a very rare (for EA) go-ahead sign.

No... Honestly, if you want my personal attention, go and use the W3D engine for a completely new setting, sort of like ECW is doing.

That's not to say a new game cannot be INSPIRED by an existing IP, but it should just not be BASED ON an existing IP.

(No matter how much I'd love to see a C&C Mode with Mushroom Kingdom vs. Koopa Troopa Legion, the hilarity of it would be amazing... but the legal issues to follow it, not so much!)

Edited by Raap

I just wanted to let you know that the Arma 3 Star wars mod stopped development due to potential legal ramifications after an email came to their devs from EA. Not a good idea.

Let's make a Arma 3 mod for Renegade... jk horrible idea

We may or may not have the files for that

I feel like opening that spoiler was a waste of time... lol

I just wanted to let you know that the Arma 3 Star wars mod stopped development due to potential legal ramifications after an email came to their devs from EA. Not a good idea.

Let's make a Arma 3 mod for Renegade... jk horrible idea

Well, as long as you didn't use actual arma 3 assests, it'd be fine. Nothing against the A3 EULA about using the setting they created in another game. And a comanche model already exists in renegade.