font arts?

the font from i believe it was the beta release is still being used ingame. will the vehicle, weapon and structure icons make a return at some point?

I didn't really follow the devolopment after the gamma release, so could someone please explain why the font arts have been removed from the server kill announcements?

I have wondered this myself but have always forgot to ask. I too was absent for much of the gamma days and would also like to see them return if its not a huge undertaking. Reminds me of some super good days and games! :D

Yeah if you want your kill icons to look like this then sure

post-10859-0-59030300-1457337502.png

The kill icons in the current font have their own problems too - they don't stretch but a lot of them are cropped awkwardly and are hard to see due to their smaller size:

post-10859-0-36164600-1457337744.png

And then there's the smaller issue of having to make new icons for a bunch of stuff (refill pad, RPG-7, strela, MP5-N, every single non-weapon such as the golden wrench, possibly more mystery stuff in future...)

correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to fix the buggy icon appearance by making the w3dhub launcher scale the font size with the set resolution by making the launcher edit the stylemgr.ini file as the user sets a new resolution?

that way we can ensure that the icons wont look messy on certain resolutions.

correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to fix the buggy icon appearance by making the w3dhub launcher scale the font size with the set resolution by making the launcher edit the stylemgr.ini file as the user sets a new resolution?

that way we can ensure that the icons wont look messy on certain resolutions.

If anybody tries that, I'll change the code reading/using stylemgr.ini to break compatibility. Because that's the better place to change it in the first place.