A couple of C&C: TS GDI Unit Robocraft Missile builds

I managed to grab his Flak track. Sadly it was in times when flak wasnt useless like it is right now.

Flak used to be great when you had a pair of them, but that was before the Maximum Loadout (no power bar). My double flak Sentinel Copter basically got me to the protonium league, as I was able to keep everyone in air down :p.

Nowadays the flak is still good, but you need to aim better and shoot less projectiles as the power drains quickly.

Best combo now is have one Flak and one or two Proto Seekers (new homing weapon) - when you damage the enemy too much with Flak you can finish them with the rapid fire, almost no energy consumption Proto seeker.

Of course for ground units this combo is useless, you'll probably need plasma guns too - so my new Sentinel has all three of them to be most effective.

If you want to have the Flak Track more competitive on the ground you can either remove some of the internal parts - two radars and radar receiver (e.g. use your eyes instead of radar), and add some extra weapons, or, remove the flak cannon and install proto seekers or missile launcher or (as ChaosK tried) rails. :p Really the freedom of weapons now allows you to try various good combos.

Against ground robots it's usually Plasma (alpha strike), then SMG to finish, against air as i mentioned Flak and Proto Seeker works good, but also LML + SMG (like my orca).

Edit: I just played a couple of TDMs with Flak Track, it's actually able to hold enough energy consumption to take out fliers nicely, and as for ground, sniping works with the improved flak accuracy.

HsN7XdP.png

However, flak right now is still bugged as sometimes AoE is procing when bot is not even in range of it. It gets annoying when trying to take out flying bots from afar as you can see the flak AoE effect but it does not even damage enemy. After Maximum Loadout i have barely played as flak and switched to SMG/Nano/LOML. Then grind changes happened and now i cannot afford any bigger parts so i roll with SMG/Plasma.

That particular bug was fixed in the proto seeker update.

See patch notes

Aeroflak explosions used to occur when near a target (but missing) to allow the target to know they’re being attacked. This caused players to think they were hitting but the flak wasn’t doing damage. So we’ve changed Flak to only explode when actually hitting the target

Fixed a bug which caused the Aeroflak ground-target-hit animation to not play when hitting a grounded target

I see. Guess i should check all my flak bots again - and probably rebuild my aeroblaze from flak/rails to flak/seeker

Double posting, hopefully its allowed since i cant edit my previous post for some reason.

I have incorporated that "1flak 2 seeker" build into your Flak Trak. Looks something like this:
umhtY0d.jpg

Now it kinda feels like Mental Omega Tigr Truck (due to both flak and rapid fire gun weapons onboard) :v

Flak is for sure now fixed, i once again was able to shoot down enemy drones. Seekers are decent when dealing with lightly armored bots and (probably hated by everyone) tessaracts.

Edited by Einstein
merged :D

Thanks for letting us know, I got mine yesterday as well. :p

It's free - all you have to do is sign up. You'll get a free robot, free 4 (!) cosmetic masks (they look good on other builds too) + if you're a new player you'll jump to level 88 instantly.

Friend of mine managed to help me grab a code since i couldnt access alienware pages. Due to insane ammout of bee memes in robocraft, i decided to redo the Alienware bot into... Alien BEE-ware :D Flak works quite well on it, however in battle arena this bot is slow at beginning.

X6iVC6T.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Do you mind me to hijack this thread for some more robocraft talk and bot presentation? No? Okay :v

Presenting, Bulldog from non-existing game C&C4.

Talking to VERTi60 earlier, i managed to get this unstable pile of trash into well working bot. Added single hover under turret for better movement, drives like a dream.

Sadly i cant provide crispy video montage of my awesome blink shotgun kill vs bomber like VERTi60 would do, but i have some low quality screenshots of bot in game.

hGvWTOm.jpg

UMOsyro.jpg

eEJEgZ7.jpg

5ZSUInx.jpg

Sadly no blink shotgun bomber kill pictures, because its hard to do.

Also, awaiting your latest build montage ;)

Edited by Alstar

Another C&C build - this time Nod! Hurray for the ghost (cloak) module!

I was requested to build a Nod Stealth Tank! So once the cloak module was released, this was the result. You can also check the live streams or building tutorial on my YouTube channel.

Details: Nod Stealth Tank (1515 CPU, 25K RR)

-Stealth Module

-LoML

-2 Disintegrators

-Nano Constructor

This build is also available at CRF as "Nod Stealth Tank"

Please rate here: http://robocraftgarage.com/robot/fgjuvF78

Holy crap that's cool. Wish I could figure out how to make bots as powerful as that. The best I managed to come up with was a hovertank. It's very prone to flipping on slopes, but it does pretty well in direct combat. As long as I don't get ganged up on or have a bunch of aircraft shooting at me. 6 Blasters and 3 Plasma... Bursters? They're the second tier of plasma launcher anyway.

Then you must be low level player. A long way before you, filled with hate, memes, random useless bots and victory through defeat. Good luck :p

Also, Mastodont Mammoth MK II, Restored to full power!

dOvWlzT.jpg

DPBGlhs.jpg

That round number of moniezz tho.

Also opinions about incoming chest system?

GJ on the MK2. I'll have to re-size my titan sometimes as well.

The chest system seems to be pretty straightforward, and it will spice up the reward system. You may even get cosmetics (for free) or random items you wound normally have to grind for as a new player.

Sk made a visualization how it could look:

Think of HearthStone. Sometimes you get duplicates, sometimes you get rare items. I think same will happen with RC. Maybe it's a good time to stock on some equipment :p

Mark mentioned that he likes the idea of new players getting random items, because that's how they could monetize the game a bit more now, while new players won't complain about the need of grinding anymore (although actually they will be at the mercy of RNG luck now).

• 1 month later...

Boop the Bost, double post.

VERTi60, since platoons are now for 5 players and and new TDM is out, we need to make an obligatory 5 player C&C build platoon AND win at least one game :D

Since you are a god of C&C builds in RC i'll leave vechicle selection to you :v