So they are doing a System Shock HD remake...

why have I never heard of system shock before

It's recognized as Bioshock's predecessor. Ken Levine worked on System Shock 2 years before he made Bioshock.

System Shock is about a hacker who hacked a space station but was caught. He had the choice to hack the AI to the Station, SHODAN, or go to jail. The hacker chose the former and got rewarded with cybernetics and was put to sleep on the station. Meanwhile, SHODAN believed it was a god and transformed the crew of the space station into cyborgs and monsters. You start playing the hacker after he wakes up from his sleep and have to stop SHODAN and save the Earth. Here's the intro:

Edited by neko soldier

I wouldn't say ketchup :v the most publicity System Shock has had, that is noteworthy besides this, is an episode by zero punctuation. Kinda like the original Deus Ex however it has had prequels recently.

Sorry but this desperately needs it's own thread for this (don't judge me).

sorry for what? best message I heard today? :clap:

the most publicity System Shock has had, that is noteworthy besides this, is an episode by zero punctuation. Kinda like the original Deus Ex however it has had prequels recently.

why in these times theres almost nothing worthy to play :( just clones of clones born by clones

I'm surprised at you guys. During my tenure of running APB in the early 2000s, I pushed System Shock pretty hard on the community. :) Even Chicajo (the music guy!) came from TTLG because I saw his work there when I was still a regular in that community and picked him up to work on APB. I also introduced quite a few people in IRC to System Shock 2. That being said, and having grown up with System Shock, I'm thrilled to see this remake. It's looking like a true remake - the artistic style is being kept, Robb Waters is concepting it. They'd have to try to screw this up.

• 3 months later...