Rebellion Announces Battlezone 1998 HD Remake

So, I used to play this extraordinarily fun game called battlezone. Originally developed and published by Activision (back when the "vision" in their name meant unique and awesome games). I still play the singleplayer on it from time to time, as it is by far my favorite RTS of all time. It is also my favorite RTS/FPS hybrid of all time. In fact, it set the bar so high for me that I was really disappointed with renegade for not having a base-building mechanic. That being said, I do still like renegade, I just knew nothing of doom and quake then, and Red Alert was definitely my second favorite RTS (and is my favorite CNC). I really enjoyed both. So, I am happy to say that Rebellion announced a Battlezone HD remake, dubbed Battlezone '98 Redux. I feel like this is a good move since Rebellion's main focus with the Battlezone franchise is going towards Sony's VR system and is not going to be related to the 1998 versions alternate 1960's space war. I'm hyped. Please enjoy the Trailer.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this fantastic piece of work is out and buggier than the original release. But totally worth the $20. My experience so far is; buggy as fuck AI in MPI amd SP, when doing coop MPI, the enemy AI is the equivilent to that of a brutal streamroller, sound cuts in multiplayer, halfway through CCA Mission 1 my game crashes, NSDF campaign wont load, and decent to poor framerates in Strat games.

DM is actually perfectly fine. I played with Devilslayersbane last night and I enjoyed getting sniped out of my tank, or in mid air. Beautiful Nostalgia. Seriously, no sarcasm whatsoever....... I really do enjoy the HD remake. Oh and, the campaign is fairly smooth from what I could play....

MPRA2 what card are you running? I have a 970 SSC and I run it at a fine 60fps. Also, I'm almost done with the NSDF campaign, I keep dying when trying to destroy the fury transport. I haven't tried playing the soviet campaign yet. I've only experienced a low framerate while hosting an MPI map that had a shit ton of friendly AI on it (my sound cut out on that map as well, too many sound sources I guess). As for DM, I'm enjoying the Achilles 500 map on the workshop, though I have yet to host the Achilles' Golem Derby.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE TO A DEAD THREAD! Rebellion officially announces their development of the "Red Odyssey" on June 9th 2016. They removed the original post, but there is this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/301650/discussions/0/364042262882083634/

They are undecided if they should have a standalone, or add it into BZ98R as true DLC.