Most nostalgic C&C song?

Since I started playing C&C when I was about 8, the soundtrack was always one of my favorite parts, although originally a lot of the music freaked me out, especially with TS. I remember the only song I could listen to without scaring myself was Valves. But anyway, my most nostalgic song is a toss up between Act on Instinct and Bigfoot. You'd think Hell March, but honestly, when I think RA, I hear Bigfoot. I'm curious what the rest of you remember as the "song that described C&C", whether it was a classic like Act on Instinct or Just Do It Up, something a bit more middle-ground like Mad Rap or Industrofunk, the FPS-oriented songs of Renegade like Ammo Clip, or even the music of the newest games like Grinder 2. Throw your faves up, and remember "KANE LIVES IN DEATH!" :D

Since RA1 was my first (around age 7 or 8, not totally sure) then definitely Crush, Bigfoot, and Workmen :D Hell March is probably the most identifiable track of the whole saga so I didn't include it for that reason. TBH, I'm a Klepacki junkie though, I like it all haha :v

There is not a specific track, but the atmosphere of playing the OST from a particular game from start to finish makes me remember playing that game for the first time. The RA OST I feel gives the most atmosphere changes, in terms of up and down, changing tempo etc.

For most nostalgic it has to be Act on Instinct, definitely. As I had said before, there's nothing like starting off each mission with that tune. With or without the lyrics, it was an amazing track. It set just the right mood for the game, and essentially that song WAS Command & Conquer.

I like pretty much every song in all the Westwood C&C's, it's so hard to choose. If I had to pick a few for each game, then:

TD: 'Act on Instinct', 'Air Strike' and 'Industrial'

RA1: Menu Theme, Map Theme, 'Trenches' and 'Dense'

TS: Menu Theme (TS, not FS, although that one's cool too), 'Timebomb' and 'Heroism'

RA2: 'Grinder', 'Burn' and 'Blow It Up'

Renegade: 'Command & Conquer'

Edited by Ice

Act on Instinct, and later Face The Enemy 2 which shared its leitmotif. The latter became associated with the second Soviet mission of RA for me as a kid, which is why it's now one of the songs for Guard Duty :v

Bigfoot for RA1, along with Hell March.

For TD, it's Line of Fire because it played in that one "retrieve the nuclear crate" mission on the N64 version of C&C which I had rented from Blockbuster for a few days. Later when I bought the actual PC version (I played RA1 before TD) I went through the playlist to find that song, along with another one which turned out to be Warfare (sometimes called Full Stop?). Act on Instinct is nice too, but I think I'd put it below those other two.

Funny thing about the Klepacki songs for me is, I usually had one or two that I liked, and never touched the rest. Then when I played APB and TSR, I hear these songs that seem to fit in with the gameplay perfectly...and then when I go back to RA1, look through the playlist, and *gasp* :aaa: there are APB songs in my Red Alert! It still doesn't feel fitting when I hear Vector or Bog while playing RA1...

Edited by delta

lol. I think the song choices for APB are perfect, but I still associate them with the tiny square soldiers and box tanks of RA1, and I think I always will.

RA2/YR's soundtrack, since it was my first CnC. Specifically Hell March 2 and Brain Freeze.

Same here, those were my first C&C games. Unfortunately my dad had a problem with "rock and roll" music, which is what RA2/YR's music falls under in his mind, so the music isn't as memorable.

• 4 months later...

...95 would be Act on Instinct and Just Do It Up and Radio...

RA1 Bigfoot.. Crush.. and HM1

TS was Scouting, Score and Nod Crush

RA2 ....HM2 and Grinder or Industrofunk(?)

Yr... brainwash

Ren was ammo cup and Act on Instinct

Generals... Gla attack theme... and all of USA themes

After those... im not sure about the names... and havent played more than 5 mins in cnc 4

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember how old I was when I played my first 2 RTS games; Warcraft II and Red Alert. I remember my dad getting this box full of CDs with a TON of EA and EA owned properties from the mid to late 90s with Red Alert being in it. The C&C song that gives me the most nostalgia is Bigfoot, which plays at the start of every mission in the campaign. Every time I hear it, I imagine playing RA, building a base, then send out a bunch of infantry out, running to the beat of the song.

Every time I hear it, I imagine playing RA, building a base, then send out a bunch of infantry out, running to the beat of the song.

Me too man! Its crazy how much of an impression music can make on a young mind. Can't complain though, its good music :D

C&C RA: Radio, Radio 2, Journey, Twin Cannon 1 and 2 (the Twin Cannon songs are my most iconic for RA, as the klaxon alarms in the song I thought used to sound like my name)

C&C64: March To Doom, Airstrike, Rain in the Night, Mechanical man

C&C RA2: uhm.... I never really got into the RA2 games, and I never really liked the soundtrack for RA2 and YR so... none here for me.

C&C TS/FS: Valves, Approach, Hacker, Killing Machine, Slave to the System, Ion Storm

C&C 3/KW: Mechanical Mind

C&C 4: nope.avi

Renegade: Sakura Dogfight

RA3: The Big Apple, Hell March 3, How the West was Won, Uprising Theme.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I got into C&C much later than most of you did, some musical pieces in the series still hold some nostalgia for me.

I particularly remember Blow it Up back from the days of playing RA2. The song often played in those missions involving naval warfare.

Also, Fogger reminds me of summer in 2013, when I started APB. :)

• 2 months later...

Red Alert 2 install music :p

I remember when I first got my hands on the game as a 8 year old, frantically trying to get the CD-Key in after being told I have 30 seconds to comply.