Submit an APB Map Request!

Raap

Can we do a co-op map? I remember there was one map where we had to protect an Allied MCV from Soviet tanks and paratroopers coming from all directions. You can donate to build defenses.

That's the only co-op map people like. A map where you only sit at your base and defend against endless hordes of enemy invasion until time expires. I kinda want that too.

Except that the AI is too bad to really pull that off. Which is what we've already said a few times. You can replace the AI with actual players instead, and design a level accordingly.

Unfortunately my plate is now full. I am working on this Fjord remake, and it will likely not be ready this month as I'm a lot more busy now compared to when I was working on Hostile Waters. Nonetheless, I will finish this level sooner or later... Just don't expect another one during the same time period.

Edited by Raap

I've been thinking of a few past maps I (slightly hated at first, but began to enjoy) CamosCrossing, GlacierHT/LT, The Woods Today, and A Path Beyond (even though I've never played the very early versions online to experience that map).

I also had a few ideas that might be do-able if you take your own APB spin on them; Tunnel Training, or Springnight (http://dta.ppmsite.com/images/maps/preview/springnight.png) they are just suggestions.... randomly ripped off the internet somewhere.

Well, apparently we found this hidden in an archive somewhere. Neither me or Pushwall unfortunately remember who originally made this and there didn't appear to be any documentation on this level.

What I do with this is not yet decided. It'd help if I knew who originally made this.

49hMoRM.png

That would be me :v I never leaked Gamma though.

Edited by wolf

Well, apparently we found this hidden in an archive somewhere. Neither me or Pushwall unfortunately remember who originally made this and there didn't appear to be any documentation on this level.

What I do with this is not yet decided. It'd help if I knew who originally made this.

49hMoRM.png

Whatever the case may be, I'm not getting involved into it.

Just know that the new Fjord will be 100% my own work and not feature work of other artists besides APB's core gameplay structures.

49hMoRM.png

From what I remember, you leaked an old, not working version of it. RC86 perhaps?

49hMoRM.png

From what I remember, you leaked an old, not working version of it. RC86 perhaps?

I don't remember to be honest. I think it was a corrupted installer of Apocalypse Rising.

Anyway, good luck to you raap.

Edited by wolf

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been overloaded with other priorities as of late, certainly nothing I could have planned for. I'm down to very little spare time in my days and for me to put out a map worth playing, I need more time than I have right now, if I do not want to turn it into a rush job. The Fjord remake still very much is on my mind, I will get it done, but I'm going to avoid giving any further ETA's since I do not know when my RL schedule clears up.

What I may end up doing instead however, just to fill the gap, is release a smaller map - not Fjord - within the next few weeks. A smaller map simply takes less time to create, so I can work on it in the time I got and still feel like it might go somewhere. No promises, except for the fact that I'll try my best.

Frozen Wasteland, another one of my old trashcan maps.

It had damaged bases and vehicles, it was a weird idea, like so many of my old projects. The concept didn't really work since starting a game and having to repair your base first isn't very fun.

The map itself wasn't exactly grand in design, mostly a re-use of assets.

That's the extent of my memory of it.

SnowHills and Ivory Wastelands are both different maps (present day APB Wasteland is actually an updated SnowHills, some level files might still refer to it as such). SnowHills is one of my trashcan maps, Ivory Wasteland is a map made by tweekbee, afaik.

And no, it's not Ack's Glacier.

Edited by Raap

Since new maps are high in demand I guess I should throw in my hand at a third attempt at learning how to map design.

New maps are the second most requested feature from players.

The most requested is Cruisers... But those cannot happen due to gameplay limitations. I'm actually surprised people gave up on asking for airplane physics, that used to be very hyped up back in the day and looked like it would become a reality at one stage for Gamma, but it never worked out.

I think most of the W3D project development teams have a different priority list themselves however, one where accessibility and marketing are most likely at the top.

But you should certainly give map design a try. I don't know when APB's tools will get released, but nothing is stopping you from starting work on 3DS Max designing and doing some tutorials on the web. A word of warning however; Expect learning the tools to take a while, as it's not as simple like building a map in an RTS level editor.

Edited by Raap

The most requested is Cruisers... But those cannot happen due to gameplay limitations.

We can totally do cruisers now because I've found a substitute for 2-turret logic. All we need is a model.

I'm actually surprised people gave up on asking for airplane physics, that used to be very hyped up back in the day and looked like it would become a reality at one stage for Gamma, but it never worked out.

People were just asking for this ingame yesterday :/

The most requested is Cruisers... But those cannot happen due to gameplay limitations.

We can totally do cruisers now because I've found a substitute for 2-turret logic. All we need is a model.

I'm actually surprised people gave up on asking for airplane physics, that used to be very hyped up back in the day and looked like it would become a reality at one stage for Gamma, but it never worked out.

People were just asking for this ingame yesterday :/

You're talking about RA1 cruisers right? :tinfoil: