Tiberian Sun Reborn's Future

Does that mean the jugg will fire like it does in TS FS?

You are in violation of the forum posting rules, section 4: Stay on topic.

I am proud to announce the team has begun work on the Tiberian Sun: Reborn 2.0.0.0 release!

And you shall name it... Gamma.

...so who is in favor of 4.0.0.0?

Does that mean the jugg will fire like it does in TS FS?

You are in violation of the forum posting rules, section 4: Stay on topic.

I am proud to announce the team has begun work on the Tiberian Sun: Reborn 2.0.0.0 release!

And you shall name it... Gamma.

...so who is in favor of 4.0.0.0?

I read the OP and the redo of structures and units and that got me wondering if making the jugg fire like it does in TS FS a part of the redo, how is that going off topic?

He probably means having all 3 barrels be used, with the first 2 shots being instant and the third being on a delay. Because, you know, this guy has a thing for latching onto aesthetic/gameplay mechanics that either can't be done (mech animations and more-than-2-barrel animations do not mix) or break the balance ("burst fire" weapons like the TS jugg which fires 2 times then fires once are a thing that sucks in this engine because you can just click again to get rid of the intended delay between bursts, so it just becomes an OP arthritis gun unless you balance it around being able to break the delay, at which point it just becomes an arthritis gun so what's even the point in having the delay besides annoying the user? See: Gamma M16, early Gamma phase tank, early Reborn light inf, Reborn Umagon which isn't a big issue cause it's just a sniper)

Tiber, Dam and OmegaCity arent in cause of issues with exporting the LE file to .mix after the latest patch. Strange bugs occured.

The next version of Reborn will be on 5.0, so we can make sure that you get the tools and build ahead of time if you need them. :)

You should move to UDK. Stop wasting time on this engine.

Hasn't this been discussed like, a billion times? And the answer is always that the amount of work to do it would far outweigh the potential benefits. Besides, these guys KNOW this engine. They know it as intimately as a woman(or man. no judging :p). Trying to go from the W3D engine to the Unreal kit is like trying to put a lion in Antarctica. And they actually enjoy using it. It's outdated as hell, sure, but they like it.

Good to see you back around.

I can understand the want to move to a newer shinier engine. But if you're going to buy a new car, why buy the 2009 model when you can buy a 2012?

Are you just trolling at this point?

knowing the time I invested on this mod, your question sounds like an insult. Not trolling at all. Renegade X is composed of my old staff, if they don't make the switch I will just give them all the source material of the mod to make it happen then.

knowing the time I invested on this mod, your question sounds like an insult. Not trolling at all. Renegade X is composed of my old staff, if they don't make the switch I will just give them all the source material of the mod to make it happen then.

Why you dont do both? TSR is soonly finished, ofc some details needed but it stays good in here.. and for RenX you can start also with what you have and what you have to update.. you could do both

Feel free to release your personal textures if you'd like. But you do not have permission to release models or any other assets that you didn't make. You and many of those other team members you are referring to quit the mod team awhile ago and I have the "I quit" post to prove it.

I've also been talking to one of the main guys on the Renegade X team about a possible joint project, so if you'd like to come over and threaten us then I will point him to your thread post and explain why our plans aren't going to work.

Your original declaration sounds pretty caustic itself. It doesn't come from well-informed reasoning, and in fact none of this reasoning is even present in your post. From one guy who spent a lot of time on w3d to another guy who spent a lot of time on w3d, some people want to keep working on games for w3d and that is okay. They have fun doing it and many others have fun playing it. Let them have their fun. Please?