Tiberian Sun Reborn's Future

You should move to UDK. Stop wasting time on this engine.

Are you just trolling at this point?

knowing the time I invested on this mod, your question sounds like an insult. Not trolling at all. Renegade X is composed of my old staff, if they don't make the switch I will just give them all the source material of the mod to make it happen then.

Feel free to release your personal textures if you'd like. But you do not have permission to release models or any other assets that you didn't make. You and many of those other team members you are referring to quit the mod team awhile ago and I have the "I quit" post to prove it.

I've also been talking to one of the main guys on the Renegade X team about a possible joint project, so if you'd like to come over and threaten us then I will point him to your thread post and explain why our plans aren't going to work.

don't worry, nice chat with you yesterday :)

You should move to UDK. Stop wasting time on this engine.

Are you just trolling at this point?

knowing the time I invested on this mod, your question sounds like an insult. Not trolling at all. Renegade X is composed of my old staff, if they don't make the switch I will just give them all the source material of the mod to make it happen then.
Feel free to release your personal textures if you'd like. But you do not have permission to release models or any other assets that you didn't make. You and many of those other team members you are referring to quit the mod team awhile ago and I have the "I quit" post to prove it.

I've also been talking to one of the main guys on the Renegade X team about a possible joint project, so if you'd like to come over and threaten us then I will point him to your thread post and explain why our plans aren't going to work.

don't worry, nice chat with you yesterday :)
Same. Glad we got it settled :) hope to see you around more

Not much ppl will play it. TSRX would be awesome better nostalgia, much more people interested.

Define "much people"; Renegade X isn't doing too good on that part either if I recall (only one server is full most of the time), so it's somewhat better in that regard. That may be true but whatever the case, if people have fun working on it and want to work on a Renegade game instead of investing large amounts of time learning how to mod Renegade X and working with the UDK then that example is clear. Additionally, shutting down TSR development at this point would dishonor everyone who has worked on it up to this point because of the state the game is in and would also sabotage the people currently giving up a lot to see the game through. It is not just a matter of "OH HEY LETS SWITCH ENGINES" and there are so many factors to take into account both past and present that urge this topic not to show up again since most people just don't see all of the pieces of the puzzle and just how much time and energy it takes to do something like this. Everyone here is doing everything for free and out of their own free time.

In conclusion, I'd wish anyone who doesn't know all of the aspects of such a move from W3D to RenX to stop bringing this up for the sake of both morale and not giving W3D Hub developers any more stress. Everyone here gives up a lot and I wish people would appreciate the amounts of work going on behind the scenes instead of bashing the old engine and poking at the switch engines topic. That kind of approach can be very demoralizing for any team, especially since it has been talked about over and over and over and over again.

To make it clear, this is not a criticism towards anyone, this is just my take on the matter for everyone who stumbles here to see and take in. Enjoy TSR and be happy that it's still going strong after a decade (games usually sadly shut down after a few years!). Anything extra is an option that cannot be properly achieved at this time without damaging TSR or the team in some way. So hope for the best in the future but be reasonable about it and considerable and respectful to the people making the efforts.

On a side note, I bet people would cry about it not being UE4 if TSR made a UDK version because that's how people are unfortunately. So lets put this topic to a rest already.

TSR is perfectly fine on the W3D engine. Even though it's old, it's extremely versatile from what I've seen and heard from the devs, and honestly, the graphics quality really isn't that bad. You guys keep up the good work, keep using W3D. Also for anyone who is still upset, the W3D hub teams don't even need us. They could take their games, their assets and everything and keep them locked away on their computers so that no one can play them. But they don't. They enjoy their work and they enjoy making us players happy by making their games amazing. They don't have any obligations to us.

Asking a single question... Do you have any ideas how much time that ''FINAL UPDATE'' would require? Month? 3? 6? a year? longer still? Dont wanna bother you with such petty questions (i know they may annoy) but its quite important to me to know. Just kinda really pissed off by already waited (i think) quite a long time with silence and having not a damned single clue bout foreseeable future of TSR. Been kinda fan of the game for a longer time than played. Lately (idk maybe a week or 2) I don't play the game now willingly (pissed off by ignorant ragequiters buggers killwhores (puttana of all kind lol). Now waiting first for the answer about how long this update gonna take and then gonna start consider of waiting for it or not... Simply after update (if waited successfully) would like to make a final decision is it worth staying or not (since this is ''the final update''...). Honestly I am simply loosing the interest on the game and for me that's indeed a great shame (this one was kinda favorite number 1 game of ALL GAMES for me). I don't care much bout these games with fancy graphics so not gonna easily gonna give up on those newer games. Not saying that I am stubborn fool who don't play new games but telling that am kinda choosey. Anyway even through maybe if would go for kinda exile then MAYBE would return after update raretimes (or maybe nostalgia would claim me again lol). Why I wrote such quite a long message? To make myself clear and clarify why I need your answer so much. If don't wanna tell here something then course you may send me PM (I wont blame if your forecast may be wrong (matters mainly that you would not lie of course)). Have a good day!

P.S. some may say the game is dead or go to other games like ren x... oh please these aren't so good and plus TSR is not dead. I know it almost with certainty that there are dozens of players who just don't wanna come cause not realising that one by one online player count may increase to a proper good team game like (AT LEAST) 10vs10. I think maybe if devs would tell everyone exactly WHEN to come then more likely more success would come with it.

also to something like moralise devs then gonna suggest to even not listen to someone's petty whines bout fancy graphics engines. The current suits well. It may be old and without fancy graphics (which in fact often turn out to be useless...). Also atmosphere of the game and basic things much better shown (needless to say better than UDK (well at least for me)). Suits yourselves there may be many ignorant fools who neither really care bout the game or the efforts you put to the game (unfortunately such reality that many creators may feel their work is underestimated cause of few fools) I really appreciate your hard labors and encourage to not give up. And I think you are having bigger support from the players than you think (even maybe bigger than players themselves realise).

Good luck!

I don't have a good answer to give you Justas_Prime since I'm not involved with the majority of TSRs update operations, but what I can say is that you could always take a brake from the game and not quit it entirely if the wait is getting too long for you. It would be a real shame if you were to not return just because volunteer game developers are having a tough time getting things fixed up in a decent amount of time. We're all here when we can, everyone sacrifices free time to work on these games in one way or another. W3D Hub will continue to work on their games and since APB has taken the spotlight and stress off of TSR's shoulders as the flagship game, developers can now finally take the time to make TSR the great game it deserves to be. When you count in the volunteer / spare time aspect into this, there's really no way to go faster than circumstances dictate.

But considering how good APB turned out to be, TSR will probably be able to match that kind of quality if given enough love - so be patient and believe in W3D Hub. Try not to give up because of short-term motivations, because in the long run, after everything everyone is putting into TSR 2.0, I'm sure you'll be happy to have waited along with us to see it take the spotlight alongside APB.

So, in conclusion of my own limited viewpoint, you can't put a clear "how long will it take" timeline for a project run by volunteer contributors. Real life can step in at any point and ruin anything we might tell you... lets say I tell you that TSR will be ready in 2 months (ONLY AS AN EXAMPLE) and then something happens to some of us working on the game and that approximation gets blurry and it takes even longer. There is no real way to give you a straight answer other than to approximate which could eventually lead to more disappointment. So what I do is help out where I can, spread motivation and hope for the best.

Things are moving forward with each passing day, and that's a great news for anyone waiting on TSR 2.0! So stay strong and hope for the best!

I can understand your eagerness, and trust me when I say I'm ready for a NEW and Improved TSR. We are working around the clock right now and plan on haveing tons of awesome stuff to pull the fans and the interest back.

We have not set an exact time because we don't want this release to be rushed. We want the best for our fans and the best for our game. We our planning a full face lift for TSR 2.0 including new units, possibly new building, balance and an armor overhaul and even new menu screens. We will be updating the fans as much as we possible can. All we ask for in return is patience.

In the end we hope to bring you the most successful and complete version of TSR possible. Just think about it like APB. Gamma pretty much killed the game but Delta resurrected it. We hope to achieve the exact same thing.

I can absolutely guarantee you it will not be anytime soon. This is extremely extensive, with massive overhauls of the back-ends like the engine (exactly what is currently top-secret, but will also be present in APB and AR), our preset library, several major performance considerations, and the balance in general in the armor database.

Thanks for the answers. As i said i wont blame or be angry if predictions told may be wrong. I well understand that it (thats why said it may be annoying so sorry). I know that something cause of unforeseen circumstances everything may blow up: major somewhere bug or imbalance or as u were aware of as i heard of strange errors with older maps that occured so had to be removed temporally from rotation (needless to mention personal life matters). I am well aware of such things. Even in fact while I didn't had any SERIOUS project but still I have owned a WAP game. Course its not definitely not same but responsibility yet still great and I know that sometimes may happen what you cant do much about but may screw a lot... And yeah I agree I may seem to be quite eager cause just wanted some news a bit (sorry if I bothered). But otherwise I think I mastered patience quite well plus as I said I have a great nostalgia for this game. I didn't lied that this game is one of the most favorite (or maybe its the best ;)) so it wouldn't be that one day I am here and another gone without thought of return. Well anyway I see lots of hopes that this gonna be it! (The returned glory of TSR :)) And if talking about RA APB then you are damn right that changes been great (although I didn't played it much while it was gamma (and yes I was aware that it got the spotlight)). Changes there been great really (I simply prefer TSR more :D). Sometimes my words may be kinda harsh for this game but MAKE NO MISTAKE! I judge this game more because I value the game more. I want for it better future and I REALLY rarely comment or spend time on other games. Don't wanna repeat myself (cause that may be seen as empty words) but still gonna tell this: YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND KEEP IT UP! I am well aware that you most likely have little time to spare for the game (and your efforts become even more valuable in my eyes). Some may underestimate you... Well what we can really do about some ignorant ones? Well you can try to teach him but if he is truly ignorant then... little hope to make any changes bout it and more likely plenty of wasted time. So best if you ignore such petty upstarts... They are the ones who to feel shame and disappoint of their petty actions. NOT YOU the ones who create and have (I think) plenty of those who appreciate what you do. It may be hard to ignore but remember it and do not allow someone to break your morale and make you give up. To conclude I will manage my eagerness and gonna think as you have partly satisfied my curiosity and I think (at least for now) that should do. Also I do not know much (or maybe nothing at all) about as helpers' part in these games. Maybe if you really have shortage on these maybe I could fit into it and that would really satisfy me to be a part of games I (really) like.

P.S. regards to these all whole projects and everyone who truly honestly put many labors on these.

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to send the TSR team some extra motivation coming from a true fan! Everyone is really trying hard not to dissapoint with the new TSR, so the wait will be well worth it, I'm sure! Oh and TSR is my favorite W3D game as well. :)

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2016 at 9:03 AM, Pushwall said:

He probably means having all 3 barrels be used, with the first 2 shots being instant and the third being on a delay. Because, you know, this guy has a thing for latching onto aesthetic/gameplay mechanics that either can't be done (mech animations and more-than-2-barrel animations do not mix) or break the balance ("burst fire" weapons like the TS jugg which fires 2 times then fires once are a thing that sucks in this engine because you can just click again to get rid of the intended delay between bursts, so it just becomes an OP arthritis gun unless you balance it around being able to break the delay, at which point it just becomes an arthritis gun so what's even the point in having the delay besides annoying the user? See: Gamma M16, early Gamma phase tank, early Reborn light inf, Reborn Umagon which isn't a big issue cause it's just a sniper)

(Sorry about the late reply) I wouldn't be annoyed and I'm sure you can find some other way of balancing it than what you suggest ie. longer reload (unless that's what you mean by the delay), lower damage just to name a few, Have you tried to mixing the two, what is it with the lack of creativity these days jeez (I admit I have my moments)?

Well it's been a long time, so this is no longer an issue anyway; Camo figured out a way to make weapons rotate through more than 2 barrels without hogging an animation to do so. This can already be seen in action with APB's Destroyer which uses all 6 missile tubes but still has its bobbing/antenna animation. This feature has already been applied to the Juggernaut so it will fire all its barrels appropriately without breaking mech animations. :)

TS-esque burst fire will likely not happen though because if it exists people will just tap-fire to bypass it, which defeats the entire point of it existing.