ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Teaser Preview

I've seen a couple teaser images for it, and I'm hoping it's more gritty, like a war movie. I mean, The Force Awakens was a bit darker, more along the lines of Ep. III, but I want a movie about the Rebels themselves, not their leaders or heroes. Maybe some of them struggle with the point of the Rebellion, why they're fighting. Maybe some of them want revenge on the Empire for a particular offense, like the loss of a loved one. Honestly, I just want a good SW movie. TFA was pretty much just watchable. It felt very reused, I mean the basic plotline was almost exactly like Ep. IV's.

• 1 month later...

So...I just checked out this "Force Awakens" movie from my local library. A bit of dread, because I thoroughly hated the look and feel of the trailers, was pissed off about the Expanded Universe reboot, and thought that a sequel to the originals was completely unnecessary...which is why I've delayed seeing this for so long. A bit of excitement, which surprised me...I guess it's Star Wars after all. Now I'm reading the opening crawl and it's back to dread again...

Edited by delta

So...I just checked out this "Force Awakens" movie from my local library. A bit of dread, because I thoroughly hated the look and feel of the trailers, was pissed off about the Expanded Universe reboot, and thought that a sequel to the originals was completely unnecessary...which is why I've delayed seeing this for so long. A bit of excitement, which surprised me...I guess it's Star Wars after all. Now I'm reading the opening crawl and it's back to dread again...

Well, when I went and saw it theaters in 3D I had an epileptic fit the entire time... That X-Wing cockpit view got me so psyched for an ENTIRE FILM about a space fighter squadron. I didn't enjoy how it was pretty much "A New Hope" 2.0 but I sure dug that super storm trooper with the riot baton.

ALSO, Han Solo was a total smirk fest as always. I had a lot of trouble keeping myself from smiling a shit eating grin whenever he was on screen. I'm more worried about the new Star Trek film. Now that's gonna suck since it looks like a Fast and the Furious film (and not Tokyo Drift) which is really disappointing after having two terrific reboots.

Why does everybody hate JJ Abrams so much?

Edited by Testament

Okay so I finished watching it. I dunno, just didn't feel like a Star Wars film. I think the prequels, in spite of their awful script and dialogue, at least got the look and feel of Star Wars more or less right. Force Awakens felt more like some fan creation...like Star Wars with some Firefly or some other space opera mixed in. On the other hand, I didn't hate the characters nearly as much as I thought I would from what I saw in the trailers. Well, except for Poe...that guy was annoying, lol.

Well, except for Poe...that guy was annoying, lol.

Hey, I like Poe. One of the best pilots there is, up there with the other flying elite. Some say he may even be related to Wedge Antilles.

• 3 weeks later...

The Force Awakens was ok, but it annoys me that it was literally A New Hope: Reloaded. It kind of nullifies the entire original trilogy's conclusion when the next movie is all "oh great work defeating the empire dudes, here's another one. Also they have a bigger death star". Everyone seems to love Rey as a character but honestly I think she was pretty lame. No development except that she's a poor sad orphan, and within the first movie she's already a jedi with 0 training, a master pilot, a heroic fighter, and a leader. The whole movie left me with a bad taste afterwards, even though I enjoyed it in the theatre.

Rouge One is looking good though, at the very least they can't just remake the original movies this time. I'm also excited to see the return of real empire.

• 10 months later...