AR :: April 2016 Update

I'm wondering how the Mirage Tank will work out in practice. Wouldn't people eventually get accustomed to the map and realize "hey, there's not supposed to be a tree here normally"? And also, it can't be that hard to just spray fire in the direction of all trees as you approach them.

I'm wondering how the Mirage Tank will work out in practice. Wouldn't people eventually get accustomed to the map and realize "hey, there's not supposed to be a tree here normally"? And also, it can't be that hard to just spray fire in the direction of all trees as you approach them.

I can tell you from experience that if you place your tank well, people will just flat out drive/walk past you, allowing you some jucy shots on their rear before they can retaliate. And as for the ''shoot all trees'' thing, I haven't seen it happen yet. :v

I can tell you from experience that if you place your tank well, people will just flat out drive/walk past you, allowing you some jucy shots on their rear before they can retaliate. And as for the ''shoot all trees'' thing, I haven't seen it happen yet. :v

You can learn where every tree is but yeah, you will still sometimes forget. Tree spraying used to happen in the early testing days but doesn't happen so much anymore since the Mtank was missing for awhile.

If there are a lot of trees on a map, it'll be difficult to remember the placement of every tree.

If it turns out to be a problem, we can always randomize tree positions at the start of the map >=D

Nice tree Mirage Tank! Will the Mirage Tank cloak into a different tree each time you stop? Would the tree selection be random, or be based on nearby trees around you?

Different every time. Currently it picks from 3 variants randomly which is defined per-map (so no palm trees on a snowy map).

The thing is we could also turn them into rocks or dumpsters, not just trees.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, another thing about the Mirage tank...you know how in APB and TSR vehicles almost never come to a complete stop? How will you get the Mirage tank to stay in tree form if it keeps moving around, or will there be a brake function to keep it in place?

If there are a lot of trees on a map, it'll be difficult to remember the placement of every tree.

If it turns out to be a problem, we can always randomize tree positions at the start of the map >=D

Careful with that, W3D is still sensitive about the use of objects of any kind. A fully randomized forest sounds like a disaster unless you depend on a few pre-created "forest templates", in which case you will still run into both light solve and pathfind issues.

Nice update though. The vehicle designs and textures share similarities with the design style for the newer APB assets, was this intentional or just chance?

Edited by Raap

Careful with that, W3D is still sensitive about the use of objects of any kind. A fully randomized forest sounds like a disaster unless you depend on a few pre-created "forest templates", in which case you will still run into both light solve and pathfind issues.

We'll see. ;)

Oh, another thing about the Mirage tank...you know how in APB and TSR vehicles almost never come to a complete stop? How will you get the Mirage tank to stay in tree form if it keeps moving around, or will there be a brake function to keep it in place?

I haven't had that issue in it.

I haven't had that issue in it.

This is usually only an issue for wheeled vehicles.