trouble putting music on a micro sd

So i got a bigger capacity micro sd card for my phone to put music on it. I actually got a couple and was thinking they were bad. Everytime i try to transfer music to micro sd either via connecting my phone usb or taking the micro sd and putting it a sd expansion and using the sd card slot on my computer. Either way it corrupts on my micro sd card. The music plays fine and burns to a cd fine. . What's going on?

Your phone and computer's file systems may not be entirely compatible. If your phone doesn't have the ability to allow it to be accessed by the FAT (for pre-Windows NT systems) or NTFS (for post-Windows NT systems) you will have continued difficulty trying to install music from one to the other. If you have a smart phone, try using a cloud service such as OneDrive or Google Drive and download the music from your computer to your phone from there. You should be able to manage whether or not the music installs to your SD card.

Thankfully filesystem compatibility issues are mostly a thing of the past when it comes to phones. As dsb said, try a cloud service if you have one. But then there's still the problem of your cards not working.....

Try formatting the cards on either the phone (in settings -> storage) or through Windows (right click the drive -> format). Be sure that if you do it through Windows, you format it to NTFS. The phone should be able to read it fine and so should the PC.

Let us know what happens!

• 1 month later...

Are you sure that micro sd is ok? Maybe the card has a problem... Did you try with another one?

N-N-nnnnnnnEEECCCCCRRRRRROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Have a free necromancy card :)

8496997939_3594617d5d.jpg

Couldn't resist (sorry)

Edited by DeviousDave