CTRL & ALT Commands

Is it possible to make it so the CTRL, ALT, and CTRL + ALT commands menu shows up instantly, like how Renegade X does it? I'm probably never going to memorise the commands so it would be great if it didn't take as long to load up the menu.

Nothing major but just a small suggestion that'll greatly improve my and possibly others experience. Cheers.

Is it possible to make it so the CTRL, ALT, and CTRL + ALT commands menu shows up instantly, like how Renegade X does it? I'm probably never going to memorise the commands so it would be great if it didn't take as long to load up the menu.

Nothing major but just a small suggestion that'll greatly improve my and possibly others experience. Cheers.

^ this please. Make this a thing.

I remember when I had first played I would keep a piece of notebook paper lying beside the keyboard that had my most used Alt and Ctrl radio commands written down for quick reference. Good times.

I have a lot of them memorized, but I still find it annoying when I hold those buttons and

1. They don't come up

2. They take forever to come up and you watch your teammates suffer for it
I never really hit CTRL or ALT on accident, and if its instantaneous having it pop up won't really effect you adversely and all it does is make communication harder for new and older players alike.

ALSO, can we have some anti-radio command spam put in place like ECW has? Sick and tired of either spies or people who are actually on my team spamming radio commands without mercy. Totally throws a wrench in being able to see what the hell is even going on.

Edited by Testament

Speaking of memorizing commands...

Please add a help page for special people like me who will always and forever, never remember how to personal message people in this game or how to use certain server commands (never make me a moderator, ever, I will break your server with stupidity).

In the name of all stupid people playing this game, TANKS!!1 :-):-):v:-):-):-):-):dance::-):-):-):haw:

well it's pretty annoying to have that thing shoved in your face when you already memorized them all

Then don't use it, maybe?

You're the one having problems with it.

There is no 'problem', I'm simply requesting a feature to speed up the process of relaying voice commands to my team. If you have nothing constructive to provide then don't bother posting.

If you have nothing constructive to provide then don't bother posting.

Ironic because I mentioned about the possible impact of your suggestion to some players and you replied "dont use it maybe?". lol what a constructive advice on a thread requesting better team voice comm.

Ok fine, do it your way, we need to spoon-feed new players and old ones who still doesn't know the commands.

There's been times when I wished it would pop up faster...though lately it hasn't been an issue for me since I've memorized the ones I use most. Still, I guess it can't hurt to do this, if it's possible.

If you have nothing constructive to provide then don't bother posting.

Ironic because I mentioned about the possible impact of your suggestion to some players and you replied "dont use it maybe?". lol what a constructive advice on a thread requesting better team voice comm.

Ok fine, do it your way, we need to spoon-feed new players and old ones who still doesn't know the commands.

The only negative impact is when people inadvertently press the buttons. That's their fault, not the game's, although I've ever heard of someone pressing the ALT or CTRL buttons by mistake before... so to say that this would be a negative impact would mean one has to do this often, which I highly doubt.

I'm trying to provide positive suggestions to improve the game for all, new and old. There's a reason Renegade X does it this way - it's simply better than having a delay. If you can't grasp that then feel free not to post in this topic.

Plus, you never mentioned anything about 'possible impacts', all you said was 'well it's pretty annoying to have that thing shoved in your face when you already memorized them all'.

There's been times when I wished it would pop up faster...though lately it hasn't been an issue for me since I've memorized the ones I use most. Still, I guess it can't hurt to do this, if it's possible.

I've memorised all of the important ones but it would still be nice if the page displayed instantly. It's more of a convenience thing.

Edited by NodGuy

I can't memorize the commands because they are so different from Renegade and Reborn. I've memorizes the Renegade ones but could never do so for the APB ones, they changed a lot and I couldn't keep adapting :(

I had this issue also. I play a lot of Renegade X and Reborn where the commands have been the same for so long, but the APB changed with their own VO work. I now know a few of the important ones that are best to know but the odd ones like 'get out of my way' I always forget.