Teamviewer possibly compromised

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1226837

^ see thread

the TL;DR is people with teamviewer have claimed to have had their computers compromised, money stolen out of bank accounts by people using teamviewer to remotely access their computers. Might be worth uninstalling it till things clear up.

Edited by SarahNautili

This is no small deal. I'm surprised the company still denies any fault of its own, and instead continues to point the finger at its users and "bad passwords."

As a user of TeamViewer at work and home, I'm sad to have to uninstall it and find something else, but I'd rather use secure computers that run software by companies that care.

Ive discussed this on a networking forum. The problem was with people who used teamviewer accounts and didnt secure it properly. This included the use of poor passwords, lack of proper organisational policy (especially for those who use group/business version).

I use teamviewer, i have a teamviewer account, a teamviewer service running in the background and i was not hacked because i didnt share the account/devices with anyone, i had everything set up with authentication properly.

It is only partly teamviewer's fault, humans are flawed and its actually really easy to trick people.

Ive discussed this on a networking forum. The problem was with people who used teamviewer accounts and didnt secure it properly. This included the use of poor passwords, lack of proper organisational policy (especially for those who use group/business version).

I use teamviewer, i have a teamviewer account, a teamviewer service running in the background and i was not hacked because i didnt share the account/devices with anyone, i had everything set up with authentication properly.

It is only partly teamviewer's fault, humans are flawed and its actually really easy to trick people.

Well yeah I think that is most of it. But the fact that it happened to so many people at around the same time does make it look like something more.

The problem is, people were claiming they were hacked despite using long, unique to teamviewer passwords *and* two factor authentication. Which, if they're not lying, means it had to be something more.

This raises another question. What if they're all lying to save face? D: