RA3 Mod Issues

NodGuy

I have RA3 (Origin) and I use Desura to install mods but when I try to use RA3 mods it appears that they're running fine but I'm unable to actually play. When I try Campaign the game crashes and when I try Skirmish I'm unable to make any changes or even start the match. Pictures below.

z6dSlp4.jpg

wjXrJ0g.jpg

Thoughts on how to fix this? The same thing happens with every mod I try.

p.s. Fuck Origin.

Edited by NodGuy

Honestly, I have no idea why the mods wont work, but what i would try doing, is to just normally install them without desura, and have the ra3.exe properties include "-ui" to have the launcher pop up.

get back to me if you have any issues, I had a trick that I did with C&C 3 mods where it bypassed the origin launchers and went straight to the mod. I'll have to look into it to see if it works for RA3 as well.

I'll try that when I get on my computer next. Thank you.

Edit: How do I do that? When I open the application's properties I only see the following tabs:

rjLPjgr.jpg

I'm running Windows 10, I'm not sure if that matters or not.

Edited by NodGuy

welp. Holo the Wise Wolf has saved me....

"It doesn't matter which windows you use. In Steam or origin rightclick the game in the library -> "Properties" -> tab "General" -> click on "set launch options..." and add the following in there:

-modconfig "C:\path\to\the\"modname_modversion".skudef"

You have to adjust the path to the location where you extracted the mod to. For Steam it can be in any folder you want."

"Remove skirmish.ini from your RA3 profile folder.
It's usually stored on this location:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Profiles\<profile>\Skirmish.ini"

Thanks RA2, I'll try that. Edit: Origin does not have a 'Launch Properties' tab. I tried deleting the skirmish.ini file and then using Desura but the same thing happened.

I have the Ultimate Collection. I've gotten mods to work a while ago but I don't remember how. :(

Edited by NodGuy

I have the Ultimate Collection. I've gotten mods to work a while ago but I don't remember how. :(

There's your problem right there. TUC has botched registries and has no parameter support, which stretches to mod incompatibility.

Disable Origin functionality for all TUC games (to prevent Origin overwriting the fix) and install these: http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/

The parameters should work now.

Is version 1.16 the latest? I disabled Origin in-game for all games and then installed the launchers but when I go to play it just loads up the game, no launch window. I tried launching through Origin and the game folder.

Let's try a different approach. Make a shortcut to the RA3 executable, and put the -ui parameter at the end of the Target entry to load the RA3 Control Panel (autorun for DVD versions). There, you will have the Game Browser option, which will list all (properly) installed mods and let you launch them.

The shortcut should look like this:

post-7037-0-05955500-1465765618_thumb.png

OR....

put the parameter MPRA2 gave you to the same location instead of -ui to launch the mod automatically each time you use that shortcut...

-modconfig "C:\path\to\the\"modname_modversion".skudef"

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Success! Doing that and then launching the mod from there worked. Well, it didn't at first but I deleted skirmish.ini once again and it works now. Thanks so much!

Edit: However my FPS is now below 10 at all times in-game. FML.

Edited by NodGuy

I'll try it but I never had issues running RA3 at max settings before.

Edit: The lower the settings go the better the FPS gets. This is pretty weird, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

Edited by NodGuy