My Lovely, Yet Chaotic Life.

So, Wednesday of June 15th. My father got into a semi serious accident after he fell asleep at the wheel. Driving "My" 40k jeep wrangler I bought 5 months prior. Nonetheless 2 were injured and have been transported to the local hospital, the Jeep was totalled (currently awaiting appraisal and repair pricing), and My father is fine. He sat in jail for a good 6 hours before I found out and bailed him out (he paid his bail and is now in the red financially), charged with a DUI, and is awaiting court on the 25th of July. We currently have luttle to no money to do anything, and as of this, I am seeking temporary employment for the weekends until everything gets sorted out, so we dont lose our newly purchased house, and I dont lose all my shit. Until then I will be unable to attend any Tests, games, or really anything until further notice. From time to time I can however, post and browse the forums at my current main place of employment. I wish all of you the best of luck, and pray that my situation gets better soon.... From what Im hoping, if my dad does get jailed after the 25th, I hope they give him work release....
For anyone who does doubt me and think I'm doing this for attention, you are sadly mistaken. Although I tend to complain and blow things out of proportion, this even is very real, and is a very terrifying stage in my life.... I've been through this "losing everything" business before my mother took her life in 2012. I'm praying it doesnt go down the same route, where it is my dad who takes his life, leaving me and my sister to try and pay for bills, a vehicle that works, food, and the house.

As of June 18th, viewing this site gives you the partial story what happened at the top of the page. http://www.peshtigotimes.net/
I'm also not asking for any support other than emotional support. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, and for those on the forums who are there for me to fall back on for support, Fraydo, Chopbam, especially you Jerad2142 (Spirit Deer).
I hope to see all of you after July on the battlefields of APB, Reborn, and the nightclubs of ECW.
-Bailey(MPRA2)

Edited by MPRA2

Well thats my plan so far.... Its gonna be a real bad time in my life.... I'm gonna be lucky if I manage to get through this. I'm thinking I can though.... as much doubt as I have right now, I know that I can get through this. I just dont know how much I will lose....

Update: So earlier today I was playing Renegade X, and the server was ddossed or i lost connection... my game crashes, and my router resets... fast forward 10 hours, I cant do anything except look at websites and post comments.

Edited by MPRA2

There's a silver lining to every cloud. The accident itself could have been much worse, even fatal. A Jeep can be replaced, and your father is alive and well.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I know it must be hard to talk about. It should go without saying that you have our support, and we wish you and your family the best. Take all the time you need to get life sorted out, and know you can always seek us for support. You know where to find us.

Prayers and best thoughts, Bailey. We're here for you.

Thanks guys..

So this is my dad's "second" DUI, so I have no idea whats going to happen. We still havent heard anything from the auto guys and the appraiser. Couldnt find a second job yet, so I'll have the weekend somewhat free unless something happens. Thanks for offering support everyone. I'm hoping everything gets sorted out and gets back to normal by August the latest.

I think its the third DUI when they really try to put you away....He might get out of this one, being only his "second" as you put it.

I think Cave Johnson's advice might help you here.... :D

Video

I'll take that advice and demand to see the manager of life.

anyways, The appraisal guy called, He's trying to figure out how much he needs to pay me, since he believes its not worth reparing. just looked at vehicles and HMMWVs... APPARENTLY! THEY ARENT STREET LEGAL, BUT A Decommissioned, rubber tracked T-72 tank is? ok... makes sense.

ANYWAYS! I'm looking for other Jeep vehicles, most likely a 2016 wrangler. hopefully I can get one with an AUX radio... 2 door this time....

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's a quick info update...

So as of today, The ticket said that my dad might be charged with a Felony, and further research told me that second offense DUIs in Wisconsin with injuries cam have up to a $25,000 fine, with up to 3 years in prison. I'm backed into a corner, scared as to what will happen.. The Jeep will be paid off, but my dad wants to hold onto the 23,000 we are getting in the mail (if we can hold it) from our insurance for the Jeep, then have that 23k go to house payments and other needs including bill payment. I dont see it going that way, but yhe Jeep will be paid off if we have to mail it to the bank.

Then it comes to, how are we gonna pay for our house, food, utilities, etc? We run a very high risk of becoming homeless if he goes to prison.... I dont want to have to go through that again, for any amount of time.. Everyone at work is telling me to leave and move out, put everything on him so I can have a fresh slate, but how is that gonna affect him??? "OH WELL! In my time of need, my own son abandons me, leaving me with everything by myself along with his sister?" I dont know what he's gonna do... I dont want to leave him.... Him and my sis are pretty much the last family members who I can trust and whom I love.... they are all I have left.... I dont know what my dad will do if I leave.... I DO know that he wont come out alive if I leave... But if I stay...... I might end up homeless without any money to save up.... I really have 2 choices at this point.... I dont want to choose either of them...... I honestly dont even have enough to buy a junk vehicle at this point, and until that check comes in, I gotta pay $600 a month for my wrecked vehicle.

Honestly, everything is looking more grim as each day passes...... I'm doing my best to keep up with it all and not crack.... I dont want to lose my dog, the cat, our own house, and especially my only father and sister.... I really feel helpless right now.... I have no idea what to do, or where to start....

It's hard to say what to do, nor could I with a clear conscience. From what little I could advise, consider each option and weigh it out. Every action has its consequences, for you or for others. Of your options, consider everything and everyone and decide for yourself what is best.

Well........ I dont have any friends up here... my only 2 real life offline friends live like 3 hours south of me, and my coffin wont be able to make the trip. I DID however find out yhat last night, Our total bills with everything included is $1800 a month. Cut all that down to bare minimum, its around $14-1500, depending on electricity and internet bills. Unfortunately, i BARELY make $1500 monthly, so I'll have to go on foodstamps and get govt. Aid if my dad does go to prison without work release. I'll also have to see about getting some type of health care that doesnt affect my income, and sell the car andget rid of its insurance, which leaves me to either walk/bike to work, or find someone who can pick me up and drop me off daily for maaaaybe $30 a month. I know I could possibly make due, but I dont know for how long, and how effective this will be... I wont be making any money whatsoever for other needs, but I'll have food and a place to stay. I might consider letting my friend move in if he still wants to leave his father's house... But thats all up to my dad, and if he goes to prison without work release. I'm sure he could allow him to move in to provide an economic boost while he's away, that'll give me some time to set up a temp. Room downstairs which he can use once my dad gets back, and everything gets sorted out. The problem after that is, we gotta tear the basement apart to fix the flooding problem, and get rid of all the "cover-up" materials the previous owners used to convince the inspectors that there was nothing wrong with the house. Its all speculation and planning right now, So I just gotta wait till the 25th to see what happens.

Hey whatever happens it's only temporary. And you are always free to air out your concerns and get second opinions over here. Keep an eye out and wait just a bit to get some more solid info, that'll tell you more on what's the best way to proceed. The most important thing I can think of is to get as much clear communication going as possible with anyone involved in the situation, that'll give you more options. And don't be afraid to ask for more help, even outside of here or from neighbors and whatnot. There are also organizations which you can contact to help you out in various ways, so feel out all of your options as much as you can. I'm sorry I can't offer more than some advice like that at this point but I really hope your situation turns out better than you expect it to.

Hey whatever happens it's only temporary. And you are always free to air out your concerns and get second opinions over here. Keep an eye out and wait just a bit to get some more solid info, that'll tell you more on what's the best way to proceed. The most important thing I can think of is to get as much clear communication going as possible with anyone involved in the situation, that'll give you more options. And don't be afraid to ask for more help, even outside of here or from neighbors and whatnot. There are also organizations which you can contact to help you out in various ways, so feel out all of your options as much as you can. I'm sorry I can't offer more than some advice like that at this point but I really hope your situation turns out better than you expect it to.

I could go to the job center here and get ahold of my uh.... i dont know her title but she helped me find my Walmart job last year xD. BUT. So far, we arent getting any info about the other individuals that were involved, I'm assuming they are going to wait until the court date to do whatever. I'd ask family for help but........ they really dont seem to care about anyone except my sis. Its a very complicated matter that I have no damn idea whats going on. I'm a little confused as to what will happen. The only info I have is that there were injuries. Nothing about suing, no mention of severity, and the entirety of the blame goes on my dad because at the time of the crash he had alcohol in his system. Going back to the road, there were no skid marks or track marks on eiyher side, so my dad did not step on the gas, nor did the others try to stop or avoid it. Im kinda hoping we could get some of the blame off him since he was going at MOST 5 MPH as he was stopped before he fell asleep. Ontop of that, the highway he was on has a speex limit of 70 MPH, And I GUARANTEE that the drivers were going 80 before the crash. Which means if they saw my dad, they would have slowed down and tried to stop quickly, and the damage done to the jeep and their vehicle insists that they collided with my jeep's right grill flare, and went down to the back bumper. Theres no way my dad could have slammed into someone as vehicles dont travel sideways....

• 4 weeks later...

Roommates suck but they beat the shit out of being homeless, if you do decide to try and get some roommates try and get people you like at least, also make sure to print off some housing contracts that way you can kick them out if they start driving you nuts.
Here is a basic template: http://www.dca.ga.gov/housing/specialneeds/programs/documents/C-2SampleLEASE.pdf

It might be a good idea to include things like "If you have someone else living with you for over a week that they have to start paying rent" beings they'll be draining your utilities then.

• 1 month later...

So its been 2 months since an update, My dad went in on the 22nd of September to see if he could get treatment/etc. in lieu of jail time, the judge told him that was not an option, so he is definitely getting time in jail, the amount of time? I have no idea. He's probably going to get 3 months with work release, then have to go to AA/treatment afterwards or during. Since I am still unemployed, and am having a difficult time finding an actual "full time w/ Benefits" job up here, I was talking to one of my childhood friends who has been thinking about finding an apartment/house near my home town, and bunking himself, our other friend, and possibly myself. I've talked to him about the idea, and since his current place of employment IS full time with benefits, AND weekends off, (the only downside being its a 12 hour work day) I told him to talk to his boss about a possible employment option. However, I wont be able to move out until my father gets out of jail, as my sister is too young and unstable to be left home alone, which I dont want CPS to come in and take her away. My plan right now is, Starting next week, I'm going to talk to a psychologist, get diagnosed with whatever problems I'm currently ailed with, try to get some form of short term disability for some basic income, and re-apply at Walmart for seasonal work (just for the winter until my dad gets out) then hopefully apply for a full time job down where my 2 friends are bunking, and hopefully have all that work out by March of 2017.