APB 3.0.6.0 Changelog

Nooo complex needs tanyas and volkovs D: They're an integral part of that map!

Just remove the demo as a map gimmick. Like the thief on fissure.

Of course. But that doesn't devalue your work to keep this project running smoothly. :)

Edit: Good work on the Stormy Valley update, here is a few things I noticed after a quick rune-through:

- The guard towers still use the proxy model as their model, and not actually function as a proxy.

- The mud near the lake uses too high scaled UVW coordinates, making the texture look very blurry.

- Consider making the edges of the lake transparant, it looks very unnatural right now (a common problem with water in APB).

- The mountain tunnel lights bleed through to the top of the mountain, I suggest replacing the lights with the small tunnel lamp ones.

- The trap church windows do not display correctly from outside.

- The weapon kill messages used by the church trap could get renamed to instead refer to the object using it? For clarity in the kill message.

- There doesn't appear to by any crate in the church...

- The fucking church, man.

- Not map related but the chain fences absolutely MURDER you in seconds, it seems overkill.

- Not map related but the Mammoth Tank is now the Mountain Goat (it can climb quite steep terrain). Not sure if you can consider this a bug really since it actually improves the handling, but just something I noticed.

Edited by Raap

- The guard towers still use the proxy model as their model, and not actually function as a proxy.

If they weren't proxies they would be untextured and have no collision. What do you mean?

post-10859-0-20620700-1466341132_thumb.png

???

- The weapon kill messages used by the church trap could get renamed to instead refer to the object using it? For clarity in the kill message.

It's the same way other bot kills are handled (like OT technicians and base defenses) and doing otherwise requires a new weapon preset for every single bot.

If they weren't proxies they would be untextured and have no collision. What do you mean?

attachicon.gifgame 2016-06-19 13-57-38-99.png

???

It's the same way other bot kills are handled (like OT technicians and base defenses) and doing otherwise requires a new weapon preset for every single bot.

Inspect the guard towers and compare them to other maps, they are a low LOD model.

The crate isn't there, which likely means that the trap can move over it and pick it up.

You might need a scripting solution for AI generated kills then, to broadcast them like normal kills with a "user" included.

Also, On Hostile Waters, the Allied base, the light facing the Radar got moved to a place where vertexes were not drawn to support it, resulting in light bleeding.

Inspect the guard towers and compare them to other maps, they are a low LOD model.

So that's LOD's fault then.

I'm not sure, that particular model state only seems to be preset on that map (maybe 1-2 more maps). It doesn't change LOD state no matter where you point your camera.

The crate isn't there, which likely means that the trap can move over it and pick it up.

Well that's just another incentive to fight the trap head-on instead of trying to lure it into walls, isn't it? :D

Jk that'll be fixed.

• Destructible hedgehogs now have an invisible collision box in the middle, so they should be easier to hit or attach C4 to.
  • When the jukebox rotates, it prints the track's title and artist in the chat.
  • Removed hard-to-see barbed wire from Soviet barracks.
  • Removed some rocks.

RA_Bonsai:

• Repaired the broken bridge near the Allied War Factory.

I"m gonna miss that broken bridge. It always amuses me everytime I play that map, I always see an empty stuck vehicle at the bottom of that broken bridge. I remember one time we were Allies planning an early truck rush and the passengers were spamming chat/radio telling the driver stop as he drove onto that bridge and spoiled the rush.

RA_Bonsai:

I"m gonna miss that broken bridge. It always amuses me everytime I play that map, I always see an empty stuck vehicle at the bottom of that broken bridge. I remember one time we were Allies planning an early truck rush and the passengers were spamming chat/radio telling the driver stop as he drove onto that bridge and spoiled the rush.

Trap bridge. :v

Honestly those bridges are in need of a remake, they are some of my earliest brush-up map props and it shows.

I got enough on my plate currently, though...

RA_Bonsai:

Yeah it's always funny when you see it but then you realise it's a newbie trap that's just there to make newbies rage. That's not what I'm about tbh.

We just need perfect balance where everything kills everything else in 1 shot. And then have 0 input and server lag.

It'd make your job a lot easier Pushwall!

That's no fun though, I like being yelled at for bad balance, please don't kink-shame :(

RA_AS_Seamist:

• Removed thieves.

May I ask why? It took me a good amount of practice to learn how to use the thief effectively on that map.

Because allies aren't supposed to be able to cripple the soviets on this map. The soviets have a hard enough time as it is.

OMG!!!! Stormy Valley looks gorgeous now! Great job push! I love the new barrier on the bridges (river_raid) and the coastal changes.

What I don't get is:

"Gamma's stealth shader has returned."

What does this mean?

and why the tier decrease on complex?

"Gamma's stealth shader has returned."

What does this mean?

The superior stealth shader from APB Gamma is now in Delta. :) Scripts 5.0 didn't support it previously so we couldn't have it until now.

and why the tier decrease on complex?

OP demos.

Checked it out on SP coastal Influence. Havent been able to check out any other maps, as I dont have the time to do much this week. Gotta get ahold of the Auto Appraiser tomorrow and go to wherever my Jeep is and get all my personal items this week. Really like the layout, and the vehicle updates. The mammoth skins look amazing too. Cheers to the man who made those. Good job to you guys over on the dev team. Hope to play online with you guys sometime in August.

Eh, I suppose we should be happy that water shaders still aren't a thing yet. :v

I haven't noticed an FPS drop myself, but if I recall correctly, the Gamma stealth shader was reportedly not very optimized/poorly implemented. I might be remembering this incorrectly, though.

AFAIK, mines also use this shader, which might make it a bit over-used.

Food for thought; Can we set the shader effect/type/quality per model? This way we could have the best looking "light distortion" effect exclusively for Phase Tanks, and a different version for Gap Generator effects, which makes sense since Gap and Phase technology is supposed to be different, so why have them look the same? Gap "stealthing" could just be a plain transparant grey color filter (so you can see the models full geometric detail, but just with a transparant grey, single color effect). Mines could then have another lower demanding effect.

Edited by Raap

Yeah, that's what I mean. The scripts guys didn't tie the shaders to that shaders slider, so even with it set to lowest like you do, it doesn't seem to do anything, when it should at the lowest setting just flat out disable the gamma shaders.

Edited by SarahNautili

AFAIK, mines also use this shader, which might make it a bit over-used.

I remember in Gamma where mines used to have a texture but got removed shortly afterwards. In Delta the texture returned so I assume it's safe to say it's been fixed. How did it get fixed and could this be applied here for the people who have fps problems?

As for the topic, no frame rate issues here other than the one in Hostile Waters right before the match ended, which EVERYONE felt.

Well it's not all me - I have to thank Synaesthesia and Generalcamo for the mammoth, Killing_You and Generalcamo for the sounds, and Aprime for the texture updates. :v

You're being nice.

Mine all date back to BHP.

Edited by Aprime