BHP Forum Shutting Down

A few days ago I thought to myself, "You know what? I haven't checked out RenAlert since December. Shame on me! I shall go to the BHP forums and see how things are going."

As you can imagine, I was quite surprised to see things shutting down over there. I only realized that the game was continuing to be developed when I came over here to search for more information. Seeing as I haven't really been on the ball as it were, I could use some clarification regarding what on Earth is going on. Is W3D Hub a continuation of BHP? Did the development team simply move over here from BHP? Will I still be able to access the BHP forum sans ability to make new posts? Is BHP shutting down or just on hiatus?

I am old and easily confused by you kids and your hippity hops and your getting jiggy with its. ELI50.

Hey,

In very short, BHP no longer exists, and W3D Hub is a split-off from BHP plus other W3D projects under one banner.

Development of APB essentially falls under the W3D Hub banner now. The main developer for APB is Pushwall, with some people contributing things.

There are reasons to everything but the short version is that some people disagreed on things and now here we are.

APB isn't dead. Delta (the current version) is without a doubt the best version of APB to ever be released. The only real flaw is that not many people know of APB Delta since tons of people quit during Gamma and the death of the C&C franchise.

A few days ago I thought to myself, "You know what? I haven't checked out RenAlert since December. Shame on me! I shall go to the BHP forums and see how things are going."

As you can imagine, I was quite surprised to see things shutting down over there. I only realized that the game was continuing to be developed when I came over here to search for more information. Seeing as I haven't really been on the ball as it were, I could use some clarification regarding what on Earth is going on. Is W3D Hub a continuation of BHP? Did the development team simply move over here from BHP? Will I still be able to access the BHP forum sans ability to make new posts? Is BHP shutting down or just on hiatus?

I am old and easily confused by you kids and your hippity hops and your getting jiggy with its. ELI50.

Heya Grendies! The short answer is that yes, W3D Hub is a continuation of BHP of sorts. After a falling out over a lot of administrative matters and ideas about the direction that the community was heading, Reborn and ApocRising decided to split off and join the remaining Renegade mods together in a big group. Renalert/APB rejoined us around a year after, so BHP is essentially a dead website these days. A Renalert community without Renalert.

According to the post over there, it looks like the forum will be shutting down for good very soon so it doesn't look like any of us will be able to access it; which is kind of sad because there's a lot of cool history there. But I guess these things don't last forever.

Good to see you around man. :)

So, all those old thread archives going back 10+ years will be all gone?

BHP administrator/webmaster Catalyst stated that he's keeping the site backed up just not published online.

It would be pretty cool to have all of that BHP history archived at W3D Hub for everyone to enjoy reading through instead of loosing it all for good but things like that fall under somewhat of a controversial subject due to the past (often very misunderstood) circumstances of W3D Hub's initial split from BHP. It is entirely up to people who are in possession of the BHP forum itself unfortunately. It would benefit every old Renegade fan to be able to revisit that history making everyone that much happier, but that's not up to me.