BUG: Cannot complete A Path Beyond installation due to msvc2015.zip failing to install

Expack3

Using version 0.7.1.0 of the W3D Hub client, I attempted to install Red Alert: A Path Beyond. The installer always fails when trying to install the contents of msvc2015.zip, even after I manually remove the ZIP file to force re-downloading (the monitor icon doesn't bring up anything). I think I may know why the installer always fails at this point: I already have the latest version of MSVC 2015 installed due to doing some hobby-programming with Visual Studio 2015 Community.

Below are my system specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 970 w/4GB memory

Memory: 24.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 793.1MHz

Hey there! I've moved this thread to the help forum as it fits better here ;) Thanks for giving all this info with your issue. Maybe it will help us in getting this resolved. We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. You are actually not the only one having this problem so that raises the priority just a tad. We'll let you know as soon as we find a solution! In the mean time, if you discover anything else that you feel might be useful, please let us know!

I was getting this same issue, and when I tried uninstalling MSVC 2015 it didn't do anything. However then I decided to try installing Reborn first, and for some reason I think this allowed the installation for APB to proceed normally. Or it could just be a coincidence and it decided to fix itself...

Coincidence most likely. It is my understanding that the issue here is that the launcher doesn't currently expect the possibility that MSVC 2015 might already be installed, and so when it encounters that condition then it doesn't quite know what to do about it. Hopefully we'll have it fixed soon!

Coincidence most likely. It is my understanding that the issue here is that the launcher doesn't currently expect the possibility that MSVC 2015 might already be installed, and so when it encounters that condition then it doesn't quite know what to do about it. Hopefully we'll have it fixed soon!

Furthermore, when I installed Tiberian Sun: Reborn after I resolved the issue with A Path Beyond, I noted it didn't try to install MSVC 2015. Unless Reborn uses MSVC 2015 and just doesn't have it downloaded and installed, I don't think it even uses MSVC 2015.

Hmm, well I got a whole bunch more problems with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015...but then I read somewhere that installing a bunch of Windows updates would fix it, and indeed it worked.