Battlefield 2: Project Reality (FREE GAME - Play with us!)

It's the easiest way.

To clarify, it's just to make the mod installation easier if anyone has any trouble. Hey could we possibly make a W3D Hub game night using our current PR setup?

@Zost - No problem! It has text chat too! :D Just grab TeamSpeak 3 and listen in to everyone on there because the game shines at its best when we're cooperating.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Fantastic! Anyone else interested? Don't be shy, grab the game and come have fun with us!

To anyone who installed either post that you're ready to play along with when you can play and we'll go from there, or just find us on teamspeak more or less every day now. :)

We'd be glad to have you join us Testament! The steps to setup the game are right up there so feel free to get it ready. :)

Oh and yes, BF Vietnam, great game back in the day. PR has Vietnam era maps too with Vietnam era weapons and vehicles to boot.

Had a fun little test match just now with 4 of us in game. Quick note though, we've added an extra step to the setup guide up in the first post - make sure your game is up to date. The installation process will offer to update the game to the current version, and if it does not, use the launcher menu by the play button (arrow) to select to check for game updates. If you have already installed the game and DIDN'T update to the version written up top, and then added Zee's mod - you're going to have to reinstall, update and add the mod in ONLY after that, sorry! We're working on getting a file backup up for download so people can just swap it out if anything goes wrong.

We have a decent W3D team going now, a mix of testers, staff and some of our off-site friends. Keep 'em coming everyone, join in on the action! Play with us! :D

Happy to hear it ZeroDictator! Just hop on teamspeak during the European afternoons and American mid-days and a couple of us are bound to be in the Zee Hive channel. We're on every other day so just check in when you can. You'll also see us on Evolve once you add us as friends over there. Try to get on sometime today if you want to try the game and test out your connection. :)

Our squad is growing in number! Would anyone else like to grab a grappling hook and scale some buildings with us or parachute behind enemy lines? Leave a reply and we'll get you set up ASAP!

EDIT:

I've begun adding everyone interested into a Skype chat group. Please DO NOT post anything into that group so we don't get constant notifications. It is just for sending out a message to everyone when we'll be playing PR and short-notice things like gathering up on teamspeak. Please use this forum thread for communication or talk to us directly on teamspeak. Thanks!

Edited by AZ-Stalker

EXTRA NOTES AND TIPS:

- We do not intend on playing with people who are negative or have been causing trouble around W3D Hub or its game servers. We always try to keep up a positive, fun and relaxing atmosphere while playing, so please act accordingly if you do get in a game with us. We have cooperative fun, we do not play competitively.

- You will not be able to play online or with anyone who doesn't have Zee's mod, but we do keep backups of the original files so just ask if you need them.

- When setting up Zee's Mod, you'll have to open the game's individual archive files and then drag-drop-overwrite the mod files into each of them (about 4 times).

- Don't update your game after you've already played with us. That could brake Zee's mod and you'd be one version ahead of the rest of us.

- If you see AZ-Stalker, Zee Hypnotist and Wallywood in the Zee Hive channel on TeamSpeak, we're most likely playing so join in!

- Make sure to download the game via the torrent link, it's much faster that way.

- Feel free to ask for help regarding anything in this thread!

- Did you know we can build base structures and defenses in game? :D

Well rip...... Guess I'm out then....... ontop of that my PC might not be able to handle the intenseness of Battlelelz....

Well rip...... Guess I'm out then....... ontop of that my PC might not be able to handle the intenseness of Battlelelz....

It's just a precautionary note. If you can act accordingly and keep the game fun and positive, you can play with us. Just bare in mind that we do not play competitively and don't like it when people complain just to complain or drag our energy levels down with negative attitudes and such things. I'm not referencing you in particular, just stating it in general. So if you think you could just come in, hang out and have fun with us like any other person and help keep up a positive atmosphere, you're welcome to join up. :)

I don't want anyone to feel left out, but if a person is degrading the quality of our hangouts on teamspeak or cooperative gameplay with acts such as being negative, annoying, uncooperative, unresponsive, rude, toxic to be around or anything that might get on people's nerves or destract from the game too much, we'll likely ask that person to leave. Just so everyone thinking of joining us is on the same page. Our games are aimed at being fun, friendly, positive, cooperative and relaxing when not getting shot by hostile tanks and aircraft.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

As a protective measure..... I'm unintentionally annoying tbh.... I dont really play BF2 and i know I'm horrible at it.... I mean i cant even use jets in BF3-4 Because everyone can out maneuver me like using a Zero in a biplane fight. I'll still consider joining as I've always loved Battlefield 2, but then again, when playing the original BF2 online, I kept running into problems with getting kicked, lag-outs, etc. I'll try to download it this weekend if there is a downloadable file, and not a Torrent..... i never had good experiences with them. Plus, I wanna make sure my $2.1k Desktop wont MPRAGE with viruses and new computer problems.

I'll try to download it this weekend if there is a downloadable file, and not a Torrent..... i never had good experiences with them.

The torrent is faster, but there are a couple of direct download mirrors right there at the official download page. Everything is legit. No piracy, if that's one of your concerns with the torrent link. I'll add you (after you tell me your alias) to our Skype group which (as we've joked and made fun of already) is not for much chatting to avoid needless notifications - just for a pre-game announcement or word or two so we can get on at the same time. Direct and simple. :)

In other news, hope everyone had a good time today! Great teamwork Commander A9 and awesome first time fighting with us ZeroDictator! The rest of you too! Beirut was a tough map to push forward on with our bots being held up on the bridge, but we held on tight. Lets gather up again around the same time if at all possible while we all still have free time on our hands. Speaking of which...

NEXT TIME, ON PROJECT REALITY...

...an unexpected ambush erupts.

...our valiant team survives being hit by rocks in the head.

...machine-gunner Wallywood burns his nav-map and goes off into the world.

...enemy forces retaliate for what we did on Hades Peak.

4741191+_9a31f5c9c10218a3b1b754d38762d90

To anyone not yet playing with us - you have no idea what you're missing. :D

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Hey just to let everyone involved know that we'll play again soon. I personally can't organize the next game until Sunday, so that might be a good day to get some more coop action in! Does anyone already know if you will be free on the usual game time this Sunday (US around 11-12am and EU +8 hours from then around 7-8pm)? I'll try and get unReal who used to play with us some time ago and Siki to start joining in again so we can have an even larger squad than last time! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Old thread, but still a lot of relevant into in here. We're playing PR again quite often if anyone wants to join us! We're even doing mini-campaigns now in coop and thinking of making more C&C related things happen in game and whatnot. Zee also made his coop mod non-destructive to the game itself with a custom installer which removes it clean and simple too! :)

EDIT:
As of this month ignore the installation details above. The game has been updated to 1.4 so you'll have to redownload and reinstall the base game, then grab the 1.4.1 update off their site to fix the autoupdater that broke, and then update via the launcher. After that, you'll get Zee's new mod installer. Don't donwload the old mod he made from the first post, it's outdated.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

• 2 months later...

2017 BUMP

A bunch of us are likely playing Project Reality later today, roughly around noon US time / 6-7pm EU time. We meet up on Teamspeak.The game has a bunch of new stuff added in via updates and Zee made it so our tiny coop mod has an install and uninstall button for those of you who might be worried about making the base game bugged for online play. http://www.realitymod.com/downloads

For anyone who doesn't yet know or hasn't been following - Battlefield 2 Project Reality is a completely FREE huge standalone game!

Grab the latest PR game ISO or just update to the latest version, then install Zee's coop mod as noted in its readme file. Fire up Teamspeak and Evolve (the LAN client) and join us! Just remember to click "check for updates" in the PLAY button's drop down menu BEFORE you install Zee's mod... you need to have the game patched first. http://zeehive.net/gamenight/projectreality/Zee-PRMod-Feb-10-2017.zip