[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game II

VERTi60

RA: APB themed Mafia Forum Game Interest Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play/participate in RA/APB Mafia Game before September? Would you be interested for a TS/voicechat short version too?

• Yes, I can join the forum game anytime and Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Yes, I can join the forum game anytime but No, I'm not interested to join TS/voicechat short version
    • No, I can't join the forum game anytime but Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Not interested
    • I would be interested, but for different game theme (post suggestion, but I might not have time to develop new theme before summer ends)
    • I would be interested, but for different time/place/rules (post suggestion for change)
    • hydra null vote (post suggestion/comment)
  2. 2. Proposal: Mandatory Voting - would you like to have mandatory voting system in next game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hydra - post suggestion
  3. 3. Are you able to participate in next game that could be launched next weeks in September?

• Yes
    • No

That's impossible. That vote was supposed to be a tie!

But on a serious note, whatever the method, I really just think we need some sort of system that discourages lurking and automatically removes inactive players. A penalty for not voting would hopefully drum up activity enough that the rule never actually matters, but it might discourage people from playing at all. Given the split vote, I'm fearful that the latter might be true. I believe you used a "content post" timer before and I think that worked fine. It might be a knee-jerk reaction, but I just want a game mechanic that either encourages active participation or discourages lurking.

In DS game and other RPG/Mafia we used to have a system where if the player doesn't do an action for an allocated time (I think it was 12hours on default), the player either lost a portion of HP (in case of RPG), or a penalty, or was given a warning upon collecting three was eliminated from the game via extra nightkill. I'm wondering how the forced voting will work.

That's impossible. That vote was supposed to be a tie!

But on a serious note, whatever the method, I really just think we need some sort of system that discourages lurking and automatically removes inactive players. A penalty for not voting would hopefully drum up activity enough that the rule never actually matters, but it might discourage people from playing at all. Given the split vote, I'm fearful that the latter might be true. I believe you used a "content post" timer before and I think that worked fine. It might be a knee-jerk reaction, but I just want a game mechanic that either encourages active participation or discourages lurking.

In DS game and other RPG/Mafia we used to have a system where if the player doesn't do an action for an allocated time (I think it was 12hours on default), the player either lost a portion of HP (in case of RPG), or a penalty, or was given a warning upon collecting three was eliminated from the game via extra nightkill. I'm wondering how the forced voting will work.

I'd love one of those games tbh. I'd even volunteer to co-write one of those :v

I'm here for mafia. Where do I sign up for the next game(s)?

Also, if any of the experienced hosts have seen Death Note, that would be an excellent theme for a mafia game. Lots of role potential.

I've seen the anime series and the movie too and I agree it would be good role material, but the flavor knowledge would have to be somehow reworked as for people who know it it's too obvious and for people who don't would be in disadvantage.

Next game Mafia will be announced soonTM

The "town" would be the police department with specific roles as the special task force, with the way I'm envisioning it.

That's what the flavor of the game would dictate of course, but in reality we would all have to accept "free for all" scenario :p